Trading arcades for medium term traders

gasca

Hi, I'm a long experienced institutional trader wanting to go independent, does anyone know if trading arcades are exclusively for intraday traders or do they allow and finance people that trades 5-7 times per week?

Thanks

Last edited:
most arcade/prop business models for backing traders include making a return from commissions on spins, desk fee and profit share.

If you're consistently profitable, I imagine most firms would be interested in talking to you at least.

Why not give some of the shops a call? a good place to start might be Elite as I understand they were expanding recently.

Hi Arbitrageur,

Thats very kind. Just moved to London to a quite boring job, thinking of moving but a little bit lost. I'll have a look at Elite.

Thanks

i didnt fully elaborate on my first comment about prop business model: if you do a low level of trades, obviously they dont stand to make much money from the roundtrips so backing you is a less appealing option - but if you have consistent profits and can prove it, then thats what could clinch a backed deal for you.

if you havent seen the list of firms already, look here:
http://www.trade2win.com/traderpedia/Trading_Arcade_Index

thanks again... one more question, do you have an idea what sharpe are expecting these guys or what VaR is allowed? and one more question, after, lets say, one year of good results , what amount of capital is allocate dto you, on average I mean.

Thanks again and have a nice we