TradeStation How do I ????

Gardan

TradeStation How do I ????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to fumble my way round my new tradestation.
Does anyone know how I can do the following?

1, I am trying to do a bit of back testing and wish to look at 5min charts from 4weeks back.
I can zoom out on the time scale to daily/weekly ect but when I zoom into 5min time scale all I can see is one weeks data. Can anyone help?

My other problem
2, When I load a new desk top and then save my workspace charts in the saved desktop. Can I delete a workspace chart from the desk top?

I have been using updata and tradestation seems very different.

Any help much appreciated.

Just posted this in "General" and good old Brimble, sorry Bramble suggested you guys are the best to help

Thanks

Which version of TS are you using.
I have years of experience with TS4 which is very good and I will gladly pass on any help I can.
However I have only limited experience of 2000i.
You are able to look at 5min data from any period provided you have collected and saved the data in the first place.
To be of real use to you I need to know who your data vendor is and is the data being fed seamlessly to the charts or are you using dynastore.

Try FORMAT>SYMBOL>SETTINGS tab and you can enter the range

not sure what you mean on 2

Reuben

reuben said:
Which version of TS are you using.
I have years of experience with TS4 which is very good and I will gladly pass on any help I can.
However I have only limited experience of 2000i.
You are able to look at 5min data from any period provided you have collected and saved the data in the first place.
To be of real use to you I need to know who your data vendor is and is the data being fed seamlessly to the charts or are you using dynastore.

Sorry, TS 8

Juanbyte

juanbyte said:
Try FORMAT>SYMBOL>SETTINGS tab and you can enter the range

Your a genius, Thanks a bunch, i messed about for ages before posting.

not sure what you mean on 2

When I open up a desktop, I then open several workspaces to load different charts into each workspace. If I do not then want the chart or the workspace(tabs at the base of the desktop) I can not delete the work space tab?
Its a bit like excel with the tabs which you just right click in excel and press delete, not so in tradestation.
If you are now more confused with this( Know I would be) I'm still very grateful for above, cheers

Just click on the X to get rid of the chart

To get rid of the workspace make sure you are on the the one you want to close and
Click file>close workspace.

If it one of TS read only workspaces click NO to save any changes or save with a different name

juanbyte

juanbyte said:
Just click on the X to get rid of the chart

To get rid of the workspace make sure you are on the the one you want to close and
Click file>close workspace.

If it one of TS read only workspaces click NO to save any changes or save with a different name

Cheers,Job done!