Tradestation 2000i with radarscreen

combotrader

Hello all

WOuld like to buy a copy of the TSk2i with RS if possible please.
Any help apreciated.

Cheers
CT.

Last edited by a moderator:
CT

An alternative option for you is to open an account with Tradestation. In fact, if you trade a modest quantity of shares per month then the platform (including RadarScreen) fee is waived.

Others may like to comment on this?

Good Luck

Steve

combotrader

Using the following URL scroll down to the text at the bottom of the page and click on 'Base Platform Fee' which is underlined and highlighted in blue. Here you will find a breakdown of the monthly transactions required to have the TradeStation platform fee waived as pointed out by Evostik,

http://www.tradestation.com/fees/All_Asset_Types.shtm

The only complaints i have as a TradeStation client is that at present they only offer US Dollar denominated accounts and i am not keen on the recently implemented commission structure for spot/cash FX. In terms of execution, support, reliability, platform functionality, data integrity etc etc they are outstanding.

Kind regards

TMM

Thanks a lot guys.

On the base platform link they do not say anything about RS - ES, you sure this is added on ?

I`m currently using esignal - their datafeed is very good but also costs $$.

What data feed do you guys use as add on ?

Cheers very muchly.

Shamik.:)

combotrader

Radarscreen costs an additional $99/month but this fee is also waived when you meet the transaction requirements stated for getting the platform fee waved.

The data feed is inclusive of the platform, you just subscribe to the exchanges you want and the exchange fees are deducted from your account monthly. You also have the flexibility to add 3rd party data feeds if TradeStation don't provide a brokerage service for a market/instrument you want to trade.

Kind regards

TMM

Thanks a lot guys.

On the base platform link they do not say anything about RS - ES, you sure this is added on ?

I`m currently using esignal - their datafeed is very good but also costs $$.

What data feed do you guys use as add on ?

Cheers very muchly.

Shamik.:)
Shamik

I suggest you go to the UK site for Tradestation again. It gives you all the information you need. The base platform doesn't include RadarScreen. It is an extra fee but this is also waived if you trade enough shares.

Why would you want another data feed?

Evo

combotrader

Radarscreen costs an additional $99/month but this fee is also waived when you meet the transaction requirements stated for getting the platform fee waved.

The data feed is inclusive of the platform, you just subscribe to the exchanges you want and the exchange fees are deducted from your account monthly. You also have the flexibility to add 3rd party data feeds if TradeStation don't provide a brokerage service for a market/instrument you want to trade.

Kind regards

TMM

I currently use IB as my broker. Does this mean I now need to transfer my equity ( in whole or part) to TS ? I suppose you guys are happy with TS brokerage services...

Thanks
CT.

I currently use IB as my broker. Does this mean I now need to transfer my equity ( in whole or part) to TS ? I suppose you guys are happy with TS brokerage services...

Thanks
CT.

combotrader

Their are 3 options as far as TradeStation is concerned,

1. Buy a copy of the TradeStation software and subscribe to a 3rd party data vendor.
2. Subscribe to Tradestaion for the platform & data feeds you require. Off the top of my head they charge about $300/month plus your exchange fees.
3. Open and fund a brokerage account with TradeStation and get the platform fee (including RadarScreen) waived if you make the transaction volume specified on the URL i provided earlier. Alternatively if you fall short of the monthly requirement it will cost $99 for the platform fee (including RadarScreen).

Regards

TMM

P.S. No complaints with the TradeStation brokerage service.

combotrader

Their are 3 options as far as TradeStation is concerned,

1. Buy a copy of the TradeStation software and subscribe to a 3rd party data vendor.
2. Subscribe to Tradestaion for the platform & data feeds you require. Off the top of my head they charge about $300/month plus your exchange fees.
3. Open and fund a brokerage account with TradeStation and get the platform fee (including RadarScreen) waived if you make the transaction volume specified on the URL i provided earlier. Alternatively if you fall short of the monthly requirement it will cost $99 for the platform fee (including RadarScreen).

Regards

TMM

P.S. No complaints with the TradeStation brokerage service.

Another option...

Keep IB TWS data feed

use Tradestation for radar, tools etc

order through IB via http://www.tradebullet.com/

Rols

If ordering from TS through IB, IB are still the brokers. I will have to pay TS $99 pcm for platform and RS etc. Is that correct ?

Thanks
CT

combotrader

Unless you hold a funded account with TradeStation the platform fee is circa $300/month.

Regards

TMM

Thanks TMM that what I had thought - I need to trasnfer my equity from IB to TS and deal through TS brokerage. Shame, had got quite used to IB.

Do you guys have any experience of dealing forex through TS ? I dont trade the news, BTW.

CHeers
Shamik.

Thanks TMM that what I had thought - I need to trasnfer my equity from IB to TS and deal through TS brokerage. Shame, had got quite used to IB.

Do you guys have any experience of dealing forex through TS ? I dont trade the news, BTW.

CHeers
Shamik.

combotrader

TradeStation use Capital Gain as their cash/spot FX brokerage. These are well established, a registered Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), a member of the National Futures Association (NFA) and are regulated by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). They also maintain a substantial net worth, well within the new NFA's proposed requirements that come in to effect in the near future.

I have found them flawless and experienced no issues with sizable positions.

Regards

TMM

P.S. Can you not hold accounts with both company's?

I can do, I take it the underlying point is to have some diversification and also have a sterling account ?

Thanks
Shamik.

I can do, I take it the underlying point is to have some diversification and also have a sterling account ?

Thanks
Shamik.

combotrader

You could open a forex/equities/futures/options account with TradeStation (or any combination) and complete the modest transaction requirements each month to get the platform fee waived and then use your IB account for the rest of your trading.

Ex. Open a forex account and fund with $2500 (minimum requirement (i think!)), complete 10 x 1 lot round turns per month and pay no platform fee.

Regards

TMM

yes, got in touch with a rep from TS today. Seems quite nice which always makes me suspicious:cheesy:

But I think your idea holds water - after all, to trade 10 lots of forex/month you dont need to keep 25,000 USD in the TS account...

Cheers

CT.