Traders: Millions by the Minute

Haven't seen such a sad bunch of the hopeless, self deluded and ignorant for a long time. Had an overwhelming urge to shout at the screen and put them right. And as for the hustlers and wide boys.....
I've also never come across anyone with obsessive tendencies who has succeeded at trading before....always a first time though.

I'll go with Richard's synopsis and avoid.......

Anyone recognised the datafeed they were using ?

Anyone recognise the datafeed the two guys with the 6 screens were using ?

What is a good recommended third party feed ?

Cheers

John
Getting back on it....

Just for info guys, the porsche guy is actually ex fund manager Charlie burton who also runs ezeetrade so not your average retail trader - not sure that came across too clearly in the programme :)

Shame, it could've been a good programme if the researchers had taken their time to find some genuine investors to take part rather than the sham it was.

first episode was about the fundies, or, professional traders.
second episode was about the retail traders.

my take on all this was the intermediaries were the ones most likely to rake in the big bucks.

we had Amplify trading providing training, and those guys providing brokerage services.

then, yesterday, the guys in big offices were the Saxo-something-something providing services to retail traders, and etoro, providing other services.

I found the 2 brummies rather sad. They were into the superficiality of trading, ie, what they should be seen to be driving, and how they should dress, and who they are personally connected to, but little of any substance.

Little real info, but it was aimed at newbies.

The guys in big offices were the Saxo-something-something providing services to retail traders.
Saxo Bank who also do institutional services.

----

Aside from the guy with the body fat thing, the others shouldn't be trading and especially not the mother who can't handle ~£300 going down the drain, she also had too many positions open.

The first prog was ok'ish but the second, wow ! talk about the blind leading the gullible......the only good thing that came out of it was the reference to managing ones own finances.....banks et al just in it for the comms.....they don't care about your money and financial wellbeing.

yep - wheres that vendors symbol ???...........: :LOL:

How many positions has that woman got open!!!!

I just skimmed through a few bits of it - one bloke seemed like he knew what was going on but the rest are all destined to donate.

I want to see Traders: One Year On

want to know how that chap with newly bought 4-screen kit gets on.
want to know when the cat-woman finally loses it all.
also to see if the antique-dealer guy builds up to bigger size from £1-2 a pip.

particularly, want to know if those brummies still have their footie guy as best-friend on instagram.

I want to see Traders: One Year On

want to know how that chap with newly bought 4-screen kit gets on.
want to know when the cat-woman finally loses it all.
also to see if the antique-dealer guy builds up to bigger size from £1-2 a pip.

particularly, want to know if those brummies still have their footie guy as best-friend on instagram.

funnily enough ive just been corresponding today with david robinson who did the guardian learning to trade piece recently ..........

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jul/20/learn-to-trade-stock-market-websites

he may look into perhaps a follow up piece re the BBC but hes tied up for next few months it seems

N

I thought trader187 was originally marketing his skills though etoro ?......isn't that how he go the posse/following ?

nope just checked and that etoro trader187 is from Portugal ............apologies

Last edited:
my take on all this was the intermediaries were the ones most likely to rake in the big bucks.
Ah now, I've not seen the programmes nor will I, but this has ta be the quote of the thread and the one that should stick in everyone's minds. It's always the middlemen, in any endeavour.

Ah now, I've not seen the programmes nor will I, but this has ta be the quote of the thread and the one that should stick in everyone's minds. It's always the middlemen, in any endeavour.

Hi Pat

Well I would prefer to be either Messi / Lewis Hamilton / Floyd Mayweather than their agents /brokers or middleman :)

Regards

F

As to the ex-antiques dealer - he's probably on the right path - at least he's sized down and he isn't losing money - but as he admitted, he doesn't know why he's taking a trade sometimes - and that doesn't inspire confidence. Also he admits he's fearful when trading - that just shows that he has no confidence in his trading plan. Trading should be boring and routine because you've done all the hard work beforehand.

I doubt he's on the right path... he's lost money for 7 years, sizing down is perhaps a good idea in so far as he'll just lose money more slowly but he's hardly going to find a edge any time soon.

Just for info guys, the porsche guy is actually ex fund manager Charlie burton who also runs ezeetrade so not your average retail trader - not sure that came across too clearly in the programme :)

Shame, it could've been a good programme if the researchers had taken their time to find some genuine investors to take part rather than the sham it was.

that's interesting, seems the whole thing was poorly researched and the creators credulous enough to just take whatever their subjects told them at face value...

seems like a few people on that show got some free publicity for their businesses

I liked the guy who owned the Porsche – when he was wondering whether he could justify the purchase to his wife; he decided to go for it because it was easier to explain and apologise to her for having got it as opposed to being refused permission. Obviously a decision maker and risk assessment management expert!

How on earth that lady could trade with kids and cats all over the place I just do not understand.

I liked the guy who owned the Porsche – when he was wondering whether he could justify the purchase to his wife; he decided to go for it because it was easier to explain and apologise to her for having got it as opposed to being refused permission. Obviously a decision maker and risk assessment management expert!

But you've now got to question whether trading profits or selling trading coaching paid for that Porsche...

Seemingly the guy spends a lot of time promoting himself on twitter and going to trading expos... The idea of a trader offering 'training courses' is pretty dubious in itself - why waste your time training people instead of trading yourself - the answer in a lot of cases is likely because they can't