Traderfunding.co.uk

did anyone have a go with these guys. website is down, wonder if it temp or if they have disappeared already?

Define "website is down". I see it. Works finw. Not is has a "under reconstruction" thing, but that may not be bad (the old one was not really good, and if they just start they may decide that is better).

i get a webpage can not be found http 404 not found message with ie and chrome

On another board, some people have done a investigation of Traderfunding and have suggested that this could be an offshoot of TCA.

The question is how relevant that is, unless you want to say TCA was pure fraud and never paying out.

The risk/reward for TraderFunding does not look bad. There is no item as training involved, which seems to be where the disputes about TCA being fraud were going around.

Not saying I would like TraderFunding if they are related to TCA. Just that this is a separate game.

This seems to be the reason that Traderfunding is "under construction" :

Puretruth :"A few days after Qwiktrade mentioned the similarities between the scam Tcamarkets and Traderfunding , the website went "under construction"..."

elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170886&perpage=6&pagenumber=9

Leaving aside whether it's a scam or not, although it does seem pretty questionable, why does nobody else do this sort of thing? It seems like a win-win situation to me ...

The company just provide simulator access to however many people are willing to pay them for it, they let everyone do their own risk management (trading whatever and whenever they like) and then look at the results every month or 3 months or whatever. They then offer some kind of deal to the top performers (as defined by their metrics e.g. not necessarily the individual who has made the most money)and start taking a percentage of their profits while continuing to take cash from all the wannabe traders.

Meanwhile, the wannabe trader gets their chance of a lifetime. All they have to do is meet the firms predetermined metrics and they will be offered a trading deal. Success or failure is entirely down to them. Of course, most would fail ... but they would have the opportunity (and this forum shows how many people want that opportunity). I'd imagine most aspiring traders would be willing to stump up the cost for a chance to prove themselves.

What have I missed here?

You know, seriously, this is a VERY good question. I actually started offering this in my surrounding (not on the internet) and it looks like the original "get real" margin is brokern next week by the first person. And no - no advertising, this is "sit in my office" only at the moment. One participant, one lined up so far.

I can see quite a number of issues offering this on the internet. Starts with reliability etc., and goes on to the software side. But it looks like a really interesting business model.

What i'd be interested to know is why these firms dont offer you a home setup
where you can put your own £20k to £30k with them and use their software
from home whilst taking advantage of their reduced commissions instead
of paying £4 to £5 with the retail outfits.

Does anybody offer this apart from having to go to an arcade and trade from
their office.

their office.

Most arcades offer a remote option for experienced traders i think

their office.

Well, lets get real ;)

* Low commissions like hat require exchange membership and that MAY be limited to "no customer funds" and if you take the risk you are defined as a customer.

* Finally, sorry, but only people without clue pay more than 5USD (not GPB) for US futures clearing. With some looking around you can even get 4USD ;) And that is without volume - do quite more and this already goes down.

* Someone wants to earn, still. WIth an arcade business, the earnings is for some part the arcade operations. At least this is how I would structure it - as a profit center, with prices including a 20% cost markup.

As usual, discussing about TCA brings up some interesting info.

traderfunding.co.uk , traderfunding.com, Global Financial Markets Ltd are all
the same. See pics

global3.PNG

global4.PNG

global6.PNG

global5.PNG

With the lawsuits keeping City solicitors very busy : Global Financial Markets Ltd - TCA Financial Ltd, TCA Futures Ltd, Premier Asset Ltd, Zen Derivatives( ...) Ltd, The Trader Clearing Alliance Ltd and the charity Trader Clearing Alliance... should make you alert about scams going on.
By the way, Global Financial Markets Ltd is using a Nominee Account ( why hide?) , and who knows may be the director is one of many of the Directors offerd via Jordans Ltd ( Company formations, business start up, limited company registration). And again: why hide?

Just copied and pasted this from Gumtree

We are looking for members of the public who have used the services of, have been sued or have sued any of these companies offering remote trading :

- Premier Asset Ltd
- TCA Futures Ltd
- TCA Financial Futures Ltd
- Global Financial Markets Ltd and any of its SUBSIDIARIES

via this website : TCA Financial / Global Financial Markets Scam

Google

Innocent until proven guilty I say.

If it looks too good to be true it usually is, however I have seen no PROOF of connection between the two. If you're going to join them then I would be very wary before jumping into it, all I have seen is a decent offer for reasonably new players to get backed by professionals.

Who knows, it might just been a spin off of TCA without the bad apples.

Just for the record I have no association with TCA or TF.com I'm just saying if I heard about this 2 years ago and they provided good platform, training etc, then I would have started here.