Trader123's Trading System

BREND

The key word for my trading strategy is back-testing. If back-testing result shows that this indicator has proven to be successful and profitable, I will be interested to use this indicator in my trading.

Previously I have done back-testing based on 2 years period. I had used the indicators for my trading and this system had helped me to double my account balance. But the success rate has fallen for the past few weeeks, so I decide to improve my system.

This time I had done back-testing based on 1 year period as well. I will enter a trade only when both 1 year indicator and 2 year indicator are pointing in the same signal (buy or sell).

Currencies Pairs : Indicator for 1 year / Indicator for 2 year
USDJPY : Parabolic / MACD
USDCHF : Stochastics / Stochastics
USDCAD : Comm Channel / Parabolic
AUDUSD : Bollinger / Bollinger
EURGBP : Stochastics / Comm Channel
NZDUSD :Comm Channel / Bollinger

I had only done my testing on currencies pairs that have spreads of 4 pips or less in my platform. If you are interested to ask me to do testing for other currency pairs, send an email to me at [email protected].

Two indicators signal buy for USDJPY

Two of the proven indicator for USDJPY are Parabolic and MACD, currently both indicators are signalling buy.

But I want to warn my readers that FOMC is going to announce their interest rate decision at 18.15 GMT Time, so we have to expect volatility.

Bought 20,000 USDJPY at 107.86
Stop level at 107.00
Target level at 108.60

Chart: Forex and Binary Trading: Two indicators signal buy for USDJPY

Two indicators signal buy for USDJPY

Two of the proven indicator for USDJPY are Parabolic and MACD, currently both indicators are signalling buy.

But I want to warn my readers that FOMC is going to announce their interest rate decision at 18.15 GMT Time, so we have to expect volatility.

Bought 20,000 USDJPY at 107.86
Stop level at 107.00
Target level at 108.60

Chart: Forex and Binary Trading: Two indicators signal buy for USDJPY

Target level reached, profit is US$136.

Some Thoughts on the Forex Market

For the past two weeks, US dollar has surprised us with its great rally. I think one of the major reason for the rally is falling oil price. Another is that other countries seem to be in bad economy condition as well. So when the whole world is in trouble, the investment community always favours US.

I do not think this US dollar rally is sustainable. Some of my readers had asked me when this rally will end. I do not want to make guesses as this can be damaging in my trading. I prefer to react only when the charts tell me so.

If US dollar continue to be strong, I will be interested to buy USDJPY.
If US dollar cools down, I will be interested to short USDCHF or USDCAD or Silver.

Besides the US crosses, I will be interested to short EURJPY on rebound. It had been easy money to borrow JPY to buy EUR for the past 7 years, but I think this trade has gone too far. I am making a BOLD prediction that we will not see EURJPY rising above the peak of 170 for the next 3 months.

Currently I had long position in EURGBP. Reason being both Europe and UK economies are weak, I see no reason for EURGBP to breakout of its sideway trading.

Last edited:
what system are you using to do your backtesting,i am interested in creating a similar set up for myself