Trade with a Bank

A bank that can't afford to pay someone to produce a decent website.

Hi arbre,

you should be fair and mention that you work for this synthesisbank.

They are touting with the "safety of a swiss bank". Don`t believe it. For one swiss banks go bust just as quick as ...nigerian... banks. Just as Redsafe bank with their affiliated brokerage GDD (global direct dealing) closed last week.

Secondly, swiss brokerage accounts are NOT secured against bancruptcy procedures if the holding is in cash. It will just be gone. You must hold your money either in bonds/securities or make them accept a garantee of clients bank - which synthesisbank would not accept on my request.

Finally there is one major operating problem: How can you make OCO`s work??? For example with JonnyT`s GBPUSD BO 7-8 I want (after the breakout was triggered) to set 1. a profit taking limit (I take just 20 pips), 2. a stop-loss of 20 as well and 3. a timed finish at 21:00 . Of these 3 I want the first that is triggered to cancel the other two pending orders.

How to accomplish this with Synthesis??? No problem with IB or even D4F.

Regards

Hittfeld

hello
i effectively work there and if you read what i said i didnot advertise i just mentionned that i only knew 2 banks involvd in the retail online trading
on the other hand for OCO orders it is very simple
you just enter the 1st order and when it is done you can input the other related order
you can download the platform and the sales people will help you
good luck with your trading

Swiss banking: no FX regulation

The Swiss banking laws do not cover spot dealing in foreign currencies. Neither do Danish banking laws, which means Saxo Bank. Traders who use either bank are no more protected than if they use non-bank spot FX dealers.

pretty darned handy invention these phones Faris huh?? :LOL: amazing the things you turn up when you ask!......be good to monitor any progress if you'd be so kind to update (provided you crack on with them of course) ;)

WIth 250000 $ you can open an account with UBS Bank and that's about the safest
place to have an account.

You can trade Forex with UBS if you have minimum 250000$ , the safest place to
have your account !

I have yet to check on this firm. But the website turnsme off.
The website is just...simply..terrible..

Hittfeld said:
Hi arbre,

you should be fair and mention that you work for this synthesisbank.

They are touting with the "safety of a swiss bank". Don`t believe it. For one swiss banks go bust just as quick as ...nigerian... banks. Just as Redsafe bank with their affiliated brokerage GDD (global direct dealing) closed last week.

Secondly, swiss brokerage accounts are NOT secured against bancruptcy procedures if the holding is in cash. It will just be gone. You must hold your money either in bonds/securities or make them accept a garantee of clients bank - which synthesisbank would not accept on my request.

Finally there is one major operating problem: How can you make OCO`s work??? For example with JonnyT`s GBPUSD BO 7-8 I want (after the breakout was triggered) to set 1. a profit taking limit (I take just 20 pips), 2. a stop-loss of 20 as well and 3. a timed finish at 21:00 . Of these 3 I want the first that is triggered to cancel the other two pending orders.

How to accomplish this with Synthesis??? No problem with IB or even D4F.

Regards

Hittfeld

Use: http://www.saxobank.com - they are, like all EU banks and brokers, secured against any losses (bancruptcy procedures) up to 40.000 euro. . And also by the Danish banklaws.

Chris Hood said:
The Swiss banking laws do not cover spot dealing in foreign currencies. Neither do Danish banking laws, which means Saxo Bank. Traders who use either bank are no more protected than if they use non-bank spot FX dealers.

Wrong. All EU forex brokers are protected. Up to 40.000 euro. And Saxo Bank also has a Danish insurance protection for banks, so your money are safe.

Baruch said:
Wrong. All EU forex brokers are protected. Up to 40.000 euro. And Saxo Bank also has a Danish insurance protection for banks, so your money are safe.

The insurance protection Saxo Bank advertised at the time I had an account with it, and which was spelled out in my customer agreement, is created and run by the Danish government, not the EU. The protection applies, according to Saxo, to cash deposits. My educated guess is that it would not cover unrealized profits in existing forex positions, and it might not cover that part of a customer’s current balance used to margin existing forex positions. Thus, a customer with a gross account balance of, say, 15,000 USD would have only a piece, perhaps tiny, of his assets protected. That is certainly true if he trades actively.

It also bears noting that a customer's cash deposit never is protected above the statutory protection limit, which is 300,000 DKK. And even that amount assumes the statutory Guarantee Fund which provides the protection is fully funded against (or otherwise fully able to meet) all contingent liabilities.

Most importantly, insurance protection for cash deposits doesn't mean anything when Saxo jobs the customer's account, which is what happened in my case, and which is what I refer to in the post of mine that you quote. The insurance (limited as it may be) protects the customer only in the event of a Saxo bankruptcy. It has nothing to do with, and cannot prevent, dishonest dealing by Saxo against a customer's forex positions. You might want to address that matter and, if you can, comment on what I found out when I looked into myself, as follows:

When I encountered what I reasonably considered to be a serious problem with Saxo's handling of my forex orders, I contacted the Danish regulator that Saxo held out then, and still holds out now, as its regulator. That is the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority -- Finanstilsynet (in Danish) -- also referred to as the Danish FSA. My immediate interest was in finding out if any other Saxo customers had suffered the same trouble and, if so, what if any redress they had sought.

The Danish FSA replied to me in writing and in the clearest way that it could not provide me with any information about Saxo due to the confidentiality protection Saxo enjoys even against inquiries to Finanstilsynet from Saxo's own customers. How is that honest? How is it that Saxo holds itself out as regulated when in truth the so-called regulator is totally non-existent for all purposes for any Saxo customer? These serious questions imply a lack of integrity. They call into question everything else Saxo touts about itself.

Yes, as a bank the customers money in Saxo Bank is protected by the Danish insurance fund for banks. And as a broker the money is protected by the EU insurance for EU brokers. PS. Dishonest "jobs"? Call the Danish Police Fraud Squad in Copenhagen: 0045-33141448, and they will take care of that.