Trade the Dow Jones

tomorton

Legendary member
8,313 1,308
Interested in a long-term approach?

Each time we get two lower daily highs on the Dow, preferably consecutive, I am setting a buy order at the latest high. The initial stop-loss is below the lowest of the descending daily range bars. Once we get a daily low which is higher than the entry, I drag the stop to there and move it upwards each day as we get successive higher daily lows.

Slepoy

12 3
Around 31,120 should provide some pretty strong resistance on Dow today if it gets there. Currently coming off of today's R1 pivot @ 31,085. See what the open brings.

Slepoy

12 3
As expected, that level posted above has sent the price back down. May now fall to around 30,900 or lower.

Reactions: postman

Slepoy

12 3
I think 30,855 and pause for thought.
Yes, lots of potential support down there for sure. Unlikely to fall below today's central pivot today @ 30,824 on my charts, and even more unlikely to get up to or above today's high IMHO.

postman

Legendary member
28,941 4,332
Yes, lots of potential support down there for sure. Unlikely to fall below today's central pivot today @ 30,824 on my charts, and even more unlikely to get up to or above today's high IMHO.
So a range bound day with more fireworks tomorrow.

Slepoy

12 3
st6opped out. Trend up, and Dow now close to al time high. See what NFP brings later.

madharde

Established member
508 198
No point trying to short this market. We are going to 40k then 50, just keep buying.

Slepoy

12 3
There are loads of great intra-day opportunites in both directions. Entering a position and leaving overnight/weekend is not something I'll be doing again until I've way more experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock