Trade Idea, 130104 - GBP/USD

Wow, they haven't dumped already? (Re: 370 pip dive in 3 days.) . . . I'm already locked in, but thanks for the advice.

Not saying it couldn't go lower, but this is a very opportunistic trade (for me.)

Worst case scenario is a margin call. Then guess what? I'll get right back in and make up the loss . . . right? :rolleyes: Wouldn't be the first time!

Wow, they haven't dumped already? (Re: 370 pip dive in 3 days.) . . . I'm already locked in, but thanks for the advice.

Not saying it couldn't go lower, but this is a very opportunistic trade (for me.)

Worst case scenario is a margin call. Then guess what? I'll get right back in and make up the loss . . . right? :rolleyes: Wouldn't be the first time!

let me guess is your stop at 1.5999? :)

let me guess is your stop at 1.5999? :)

Hail no! I'm here to play, darn it! As comical as it sounds, I'm serious - my stop, as it stands, is a margin call. I didn't work so hard to build up my capital to pussyfoot around the MKT, and poke my head in and out. If I'm going to make money, I'm going all in.

Attn: Newbies. Lesson Number 10,391: Don't play with money you aren't absolutely willing to part with.

Hail no! I'm here to play, darn it! As comical as it sounds, I'm serious - my stop, as it stands, is a margin call. I didn't work so hard to build up my capital to pussyfoot around the MKT, and poke my head in and out. If I'm going to make money, I'm going all in.

Attn: Newbies. Lesson Number 10,391: Don't play with money you aren't absolutely willing to part with.

ok. take a look at the weekly chart, doenst look very bullish?

ok. take a look at the weekly chart, doenst look very bullish?

All relative, my comrade - all relative. You're right, tho, sure is an ugly little candle, ain't it!?

I mean no disrespect whatsoever, but I don't give a flyin' hoot what it "looks like." Price has exceeded certain thresholds of mine and this just looks a little too tasty.

Feeling pretty good about the trade so far, though my profit target might yet be another day (or two!) away. Currently up 60 pips.

Well, it ran out of steam, so I took a "bonus" profit, and waited to buy again on the dip. See the market is kinder than you think - it'll give you the opportunity to trade the same trade twice!

Attachments

• 130108_001.JPG
    130108_001.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 243
Well, it ran out of steam, so I took a "bonus" profit, and waited to buy again on the dip. See the market is kinder than you think - it'll give you the opportunity to trade the same trade twice!

Might have more "up" to go, but that borders on gambling. I always pay the MKT an "allowance," which is a %-age of my target I will forgo in order to lock in my profits.

All in all, good, but risky, trade.

Again, like pete said, gotta get dirty sometimes.

BTW - is there a way to change the thread name to just "Trade Ideas" so I can post more, and it doesn't refer only to this first?

Attachments

• 130108_002.JPG
    130108_002.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 235