Is it too much to ask?

russellsaunders

Is It Really Too Much To Ask !

Now I know you can't bend the market to your will and swearing at the screen doesn't help at all (believe me I know), but all I am after is some strategies that will make 10pts, 4 times a day. It might be the same one or 4 different ones.

I see 000's of points going through in front of my eyes each day and simply don't recognise (consistently) the right point to 'get in'. In fact quite the opposite. I seem to be very good at placing a trade just at the point the market reverses direction.

Does anyone have favourite strategies / pointers / scenarios that they would be willing to share with a newbie who is currently £2000 down and extremely frustrated.?

Thanks

Russell

Now I know you can't bend the market to your will and swearing at the screen doesn't help at all (believe me I know), but all I am after is some strategies that will make 10pts, 4 times a day. It might be the same one or 4 different ones.

I see 000's of points going through in front of my eyes each day and simply don't recognise (consistently) the right point to 'get in'. In fact quite the opposite. I seem to be very good at placing a trade just at the point the market reverses direction.

Does anyone have favourite strategies / pointers / scenarios that they would be willing to share with a newbie who is currently £2000 down and extremely frustrated.?

Thanks

Russell

40 points a day is a bit of an unrealistic target, if you could do that you'd be a millionaire in a few weeks. 40 points a month would do most people. So to answer your question yes, it is too much to ask, way too much.

Thanks

Russell

Seriously? You just want someone to just give you something that will make you a massive amount of money every single day?

You need to stop and have a serious think about how this thing works before you waste even more money.

Oh ! I seem to have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest unintentionally, so I apologise.

30 - 40 pts because if I bet at £3 a point then I cover the income from my job. Never occurred to me that I could then potentially be placing a £100 or £1000 point trade..... even the thought of it is scary.

Interesting that 40 points a day is too much to aim for though.

Regards

Russell

Interesting that 40 points a day is too much to aim for though.

The first thing you need to realise is that you dont realistically make a consistant X points per day. You'll get a distribution in gains and losses. Not every day will be profitable.

How many points do you need to make to double your account ? (and then bear in mind that the best traders in the world would generally struggle to do that, with acceptable drawdown)

Its important that you establish realistic expectations to start with, then build from there.

The first thing you need to realise is that you dont realistically make a consistant X points per day. You'll get a distribution in gains and losses. Not every day will be profitable.

How many points do you need to make to double your account ? (and then bear in mind that the best traders in the world would generally struggle to do that, with acceptable drawdown)

Its important that you establish realistic expectations to start with, then build from there.

Thanks for that. Trading is the most frustrating thing I think that I have ever done and I just don't want to keep losing.

The easiest way is just to stop, but I am not like that.

Regards

Russell

If/when you find the method please send it to me, and I'll pay you a royalty of 30 points a day for it.

Then you'll be making 70 points a day :)

Thanks for that. Trading is the most frustrating thing I think that I have ever done and I just don't want to keep losing.

The easiest way is just to stop, but I am not like that.

Regards

Russell

Well Russell, I'd say that's the first thing you need to address. Carry on as you are and, as Beginner Joe says - chances are you'll be down £4k in next to no time. So, unless you don't care about losing money, stop trading real money until you've figured out a methodology that provides you with a positive expectancy. Once you've done that, either trade on a simulated platform for paper money or use very small sums of real money until you're consistently profitable. To achieve this will take anywhere between a few months and never.

As for your quest for an average profit of 40pts per day - that may be achievable but, based on my experience, it ain't gonna be easy. I got +47 on one day last week and that was by far my best result since I began trading futures and, for the most part, is attributable to the extraordinary market conditions we're currently experiencing - rather than any skill on my part. In principle, what you want isn't too much to ask but, the sad truth for the majority of traders, is that in reality it proves to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to ask.

On a positive note - may be you'll be an exceptional trader whose experiences are very different to the majority of members on here!
;)
Tim.