too many EAs to chose from

Well it is hard to find a good EA, some martingale EAs might work pretty good but they are extremely risky.

Anyone recommend a good long term trading EA strategy for swing trades
Hi jarisila,
If you're merely looking for a magic bullet - an EA you can plug in and then watch the money role in - I fear your search will be fruitless. Put it like this, I've never even heard a rumour of anyone achieving this, let alone know of anyone actually doing it. If you have a methodology and you want an EA to help with a particular aspect of your trading - then you know what you're looking for. For example, I prefer Renko charts to standard candlestick or bar charts, so I hunted around and found an EA that enables me to display them. The EA won't make me any money; it's just a useful tool to have. The key is having a very clear and very specific idea of what you're looking for to begin with - then the search becomes easier.

Regarding pro4Xtrader's suggestion about Martingale - I would advise the exact opposite. It's a highly seductive concept, but it's totally flawed and doesn't work - for two reasons . . .

Firstly, it assumes that the trader has an account with an infinite amount of capital in it. If the first trade is at £5.00 per point, by trade No. 10 you’ll have to bet £2,560.00 to recover your losses and, by trade No. 20, you’ll have to bet a whopping £2,621,440.00 to recover your losses. Very few retail traders have this sort of money to gamble with. The second problem with it is that most brokers will have a house limit as to how much you can bet per trade, regardless of the size of your account.

The common riposte to these two flaws with Martingale is that the probability of experiencing 10 or more consecutive losing trades is very low. This may or may not be the case, depending on the success ratio of the methodology employed. Even so, it’s a risk not worth taking, not least because as a trader, you must do everything in your power to minimise risk - not take any unnecessarily large ones. In the famous words of John Maynard Keynes, "markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." In other words, put Martingale to the test and, sooner or later, you will blow up your account and become insolvent. Sorry jarisila, Martingale is not the holy grail - don’t fall for it!
Tim.

As so often, I feel a bit cheeky trying to add anything after such a helpful post from Timsk, just above, but ... I'd urge you - as a matter of general principle for all trading, really - never to try anything, regarding position-sizing, which effectively involves increasing (let alone doubling!) your stake when you're losing.

First, it's exactly the opposite of good money management, which predicates that your stakes should increase as your capital grows and reduce protectively as it falls - easily achieved by exposing a fixed proportion of your fund (often 1% or 1.5%) to risk on each trade.

Secondly, anyone/everyone can and will have a bad run, and if you ever increase your risk-exposure while that's happening, you'll eventually have a disaster: the next "black swan" is always round the corner.

Well it is hard to find a good EA, some martingale EAs might work pretty good but they are extremely risky.

he's looking for a good long term trading strategy, and martingale are not kind of works in the long run. actually these are not trading system to begin with, a bet I presume, and while put into trading it become a recovery method which also has higher risk.

he's looking for a good long term trading strategy, and martingale are not kind of works in the long run. actually these are not trading system to begin with, a bet I presume, and while put into trading it become a recovery method which also has higher risk.

Funny enough from all systems that I have seen, most consistent in the mid/long term were martingale. I am well aware of the risk with these systems, but this is my experience of seeing things.

In any case,there is nothing better than your personally developed trading approach.

I would recommend that you start with searching for verified results. I ensure you, after filtering all out with "Bogus" and not verified track records, you will say "Not enough EAs to choose from". :)

Funny enough from all systems that I have seen, most consistent in the mid/long term were martingale. I am well aware of the risk with these systems, but this is my experience of seeing things.

In any case,there is nothing better than your personally developed trading approach.

quite fact. :). problem is not all people aware of such risk, especially at their first touch with martingale trading sequence.
and there's lot of traders who develop marty type ea, and keep on making money, but once again not quite long run though.

quite fact. :). problem is not all people aware of such risk, especially at their first touch with martingale trading sequence.
and there's lot of traders who develop marty type ea, and keep on making money, but once again not quite long run though.

I've seen martingales running for years