Toe in the water or read first?

L

Liquid validity

0 0
Read first.
Understand that risk should be your primary focus, especially now.
Don't trade any ideas, methods or systems from anyone else.
You neither understand them right now, or even know if they are suited to
you in terms of risk, how often they trade etc.

Once you do understand that, you'll realise that you have to largely find
your own way.
Personally, I would suggest starting by reading the market wizards books (google).
They are more inspirational than a blueprint for how to trade.
the main things you will pick up are that you need to find a way of trading that suits you.

Also all the traders featured do have one thing in common despite their different approaches.
They all focus on risk as the foundation of all else.
Those books will just be a starting point for further reading and thought.
If you are after quick easy money, forget it now.

15 min tlb

2,057 98
I am considering spread-betting as a tax efficient way to invest. I have spent several days trying to study the basics but feel that a practical attempt at making trades is probably the only answer.
Are there any websites that provide tutorials demonstrating the best way to proceed and perhaps showing some pitfalls?

9 inches of matter is where it all fails.It does not matter what books you read , even if you have a profitable system , it can result in losses.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-psychology/165064-9-inches-makes-successful-traders.html

georgedon

37 2
Read first. Look at the websites of the spread betting companies, they will explain the basics, check out the sites of IG Index, Capital Spreads, CMC Markets, City Index, ETX Capital.

georgedon

37 2
Also City Index, CMC Markets, Capital Spreads all offer demo accounts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock