To Buy or to Hire?

clylbw

Hi,

I need a fast and reliable computer for trading for 3 to 5 months; should I try to buy or to hire one under such circumstances?

I also wonder whether there are some reputable local shops around Manchester/London for either purchase or hire purpose. After some bad experiences with big manufactures/retailers, I would prefer to go to some local shops whose people are helpful and able to cater for my own needs, not just try to sell me anything.

Thanks indeed. :)

Lynn,

You may as well buy one as you can get a very good one for about £500 and I would guess hiring wouldnt be too much cheaper than that. In fact you may even be able to get interest free credit which would make your monthly costs pretty cheap.

Paul

I've got an E-Machines 370 1.8 ghz and this has coped with whatever I've thrown at it.Novatech build computers to your own specifications if you know what you're doing!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

The dilemma is, I will be moving to another city in 3 to 5 months. If I buy a desktop computer now, it will be a big headache for moving as I will be using public transport; but on the other hand, I will not want to throw a new machine away. So I was wondering if it would be sensible to hire one for several months at a reasonable price.

Hi jonnyy40,

Thanks indeed. Will look at Novatech. But I wonder whether there are some places around Manchester where I can go for advice?

Lynn,

Why not get a laptop ? They are also not too expansive and fully portable. I only use a Laptop to trade as do many other traders so maybe worth considering.

Paul

Every other shop in Manchester is a computer shop.... There are several of the UK's biggest wholesalers there too.
Try ARIA....

http://www.aria.co.uk/

Take a look at their "Shuttle mini cubes" about 8"x8" x 10" deep.
down the right hand side is a custom PC builder link. They may even build it for you. You will need CPU+ CD + floppy drive + hard disk drive+ memory.
Fits in the handbag. :)