TLW - Tullow Oil

rmr

I just joined t2W and yet to find my way round. I can not find any threads specific to TLW, hence opening this. I wonder whether any of you day traders have any viewpoint when will TLW really start to fly. I have my positions opened for now over 75 days and I am back to where I started. Should I recover my investment with a modest net profit or should I wait bit longer to enjoy a higher net profit?

Last edited:
rmr - TLW's potential was based upon their securing substantial Iraq development contracts (oil) in an increasingly secure and democratically stabilised Iraq.

They've been touted by just about every pundit working this area and price range. Basically, if it's being recommended to the likes of you and me, the bigger boys are waiting to unload.

It's a gamble - not an investment.

Thanks for the responses. I am a novice, but have been trading CFDs since January. I turned £500 into £1500 with about 120 trades. I do not think I am a day trader, but I take opportunities on short term price movements. But my current positions are all working against me, except TLW.

My thinking behind TLW moving up is simply down to the recent acquisition and perceived good news from current explorations. I also hold FTO (not CFDs), but has not seen any price rises.

I was not aware of TLW banking on Iraq. I thought they keep out of the middle east and concentrates on North Sea and the African continent.

All data as of May 19th

Price: 100p Mkt Cap:£378.7m
Fcst: Yield unchanged at 1% (dec 2003 to Dec 2004)
P/E falling from X34.6 to X24.2
(Src: multex.com)

rmr said:
I just joined t2W and yet to find my way round. I can not find any threads specific to TLW, hence opening this. I wonder whether any of you day traders have any viewpoint when will TLW really start to fly. I have my positions opened for now over 75 days and I am back to where I started. Should I recover my investment with a modest net profit or should I wait bit longer to enjoy a higher net profit?

for some funny reason , Turlow has not picked up but it seems to be fundamentally OK,
you should take your profit and move

investing vs trading

i am not really an advice on this as u r obviously an investor and i am a day and swing trader.

however on a general note, my belief is that if your trade does not start to work out for u within some reasonably short time, it is probably not the best trade u cud've done. My opinion only of coz.

I have been following Tullow for over a year now. Today down gap is the first time I have seen this equity behave this way.

A question to any Elliot Wavers out there. Have we just finished Wave 3 or 5. I can never tell.

Cheers.

tullow oil..i know them.......they are successful to a point but made a big mistake of hedging out their gas and oil the last year way too conservatively

dont think they will ever set the house on fire ...