Time Frames:

What timeframe do you primarily trade from?

• 1 min

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 5 min

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 15 min

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 30 min

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 1 Hr

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 4Hr

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Daily

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Whatever you're comfortable with, there's no right answer. Me, I work full time so I trade daily timeframe and it's far less stressful than lower ones. I have a tendency to gamble too much if I'm sat watching 15/30 minute charts so I just don't.

same as brewski, daily. sometimes even longer. All my longer trades come off whereas 60% of my intraday trades end up successful

I have been trading 5 min timeframes as a trial the last 6 weeks but have been finding it very difficult due to the noise. I think I might come back to daily charts.

Hello Traders,

Nothing special. But rather I would like to trade much higher time frames. So I can get the clearer entries

Perox

I trade the 4 hour time frame, however I also support my trade with multiple time frames.

So I find the trade on the 4 hour and then review the Daily,Weekly and Monthly to confirm its looking good.

My signals come from a 5 min chart, but using a couple of averages to negate the noise. Direction comes from fairly long averages (derived from daily & weekly charts) on a 4 hour chart.

CFX

sure higher TF's are preferred.......but the lack of trades one is able to take wont pay the bills

(using accepted MM rules anyway) .....

N

sure higher TF's are preferred.......but the lack of trades one is able to take wont pay the bills

(using accepted MM rules anyway) .....

N

Not sure I could agree with that to be honest. My bills are being taken care of very nicely, whereas my intraday trades were all falling foul up until a couple of days ago. Daily rules hands down for me, even longer

Just replying to this old thread as really keen to hear more people’s views on what time frames they trade and why.

Personally, as a few others here, I prefer the daily time frame for a bunch of reasons. More quote “time” as the primary reason. Whilst this is a good one, I think there are a number of other benefits including avoiding news / manipulation and teaching patience.

Found this info graphic which explains some of the reasons pretty well. Source: Ben the Trader

Any other views?

Attachments

• BA5E1530-EBA4-43E9-A3C9-A3C7E4449982.png
    BA5E1530-EBA4-43E9-A3C9-A3C7E4449982.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 147
Just replying to this old thread as really keen to hear more people’s views on what time frames they trade and why.

Personally, as a few others here, I prefer the daily time frame for a bunch of reasons. More quote “time” as the primary reason. Whilst this is a good one, I think there are a number of other benefits including avoiding news / manipulation and teaching patience.

Found this info graphic which explains some of the reasons pretty well. Source: Ben the Trader

Any other views?
mine is monthly, lower timeframe weekly. i never do anything on a day by day basis. no time for that, too busy working!