TheBramble

Legendary member
There are 5 kinds of time:~
Past time.
Net past time.
Net present time.
Net future time.
Future time.

Past time, future time are self-explanatory.

Net present time I believe came out in the wash as NOW.

The two I'd be keen to have interpretations of are:-

Net Past and Net Future.

What was the 'Gross Past' and 'Gross Future' and what was it that was taken from them to provide the 'Net'?

Any takers?

Last edited:
I suspect Gross Past is "what could have been" time, "if only I had known then what I know know".
Net Past is the actuality. The difference is a sort of Tax due to Lack of Knowledge.

In similar vein, Gross Future, is the greatest potential, like knowing the exact top and bottom.
And the Net Future is what is actually possible.
The difference is the Tax due to Ability to Apply Knowledge ( and Nerve to Apply ? ).

i hear on the grape vine the great man himself will be along shortly to reward you for yr perseverance

tension and suspense !!

who is the "you" in your email, Thirteen ?

Me, ( trendie ) or TheBramble ?
Hope not me !!

i havent been privaliged to that information - all i know is that HE is lurking. HE is still watching us up there from his balcony

if you are quick - and know where to look - you can spot HIM. HE is watching and waiting.....

you mark my words

trendie said:
I suspect Gross Past is "what could have been" time, "if only I had known then what I know know".
Net Past is the actuality. The difference is a sort of Tax due to Lack of Knowledge.

In similar vein, Gross Future, is the greatest potential, like knowing the exact top and bottom.
And the Net Future is what is actually possible.
The difference is the Tax due to Ability to Apply Knowledge ( and Nerve to Apply ? ).
Trendie, I don't know if you're plugged into the Kurtz cable, snaking up the Mekong, but that was a very plausible response...

Thirteen said:
i hear on the grape vine the great man himself will be along shortly to reward you for yr perseverance
Very possible. And you could reward us by adding something useful now and again.

TheBramble said:
Trendie, I don't know if you're plugged into the Kurtz cable, snaking up the Mekong, but that was a very plausible response...

The horror ..... the horror........

OK, I'll say something more sensible.

As far as trading psycology goes, IMHO it's a personal thing, some traders may not have any psycological issues at all, and some may have to delve deep within themselves to gain success.

But the same approach will not work for everyone, just as some people are long term traders, some scalpers etc etc.

cheers,
Pete.

I'm trying to get my brain around the idea that time may be non-linear. I know that we civilised people are sure there is a past, present, and future, and it makes sense to me -because I've been mostly civilised.

But not everyone believes that. Our hunter/gatherer ancestors had a viewpoint that time was cyclical. Not all of them kept calendars as we know them now, but in some tribes, the closest date to Dec 15, 5000 B.C.E. was Dec 15, 5001 B.C.E. or Dec 15, 4999 B.C.E.

And of course there are some modern physicists who think that our version of past and future may be parallel worlds that are all happening at the same time..

Ow, Ow, Ow, Going off to find an aspirin and a cup of tea and couch to lay on. - So many thoughts, so little time...

JO

trendie said:
Or maybe lack of foresight?

The ancient greekssometimes used the analogy that the past was stretched out before them - in plain view, and they were walking backwards into the future.

Of course oracles and such were quite popular. They believed that some people were conduits for the future.

Can't say I've ever had any Delphic visions myself.
JO

Under hypnosis (actually, even just a light trance) it is possible to get extremely coherent and common feedback on how people see their own 'Timeline'. Although the exact dimensions and spatial orientations vary slightly from person to person, the overall structure is virtually identical.

If there is an archetypal basis for this then we can make a non too half-assed assumption there is a rational reason for it. Actually, I'm none too sure rationality comes into it.

With all that fluff out of the way, and to get to the point, it really doesn't matter what the 'real' structure of time is. Temporal Singularity, linear, cylindrical, circular, vanilla ice-cream. The trick as with all things, is how we perceive it.

I've done enough work myself on this to know it is quite possible to alter one's perception of time - both in the speed of its passing (as in (1) when you're doing something really pleasurable that only seems to last a second or two - yet you've been there/doing it for a couple of hours compared with (b) waiting in line at the bank/Post office at lunch time with only one teller on duty) and in 'pushing/puling' events closer to/further away from you.

But these are 'just' perceptions. What I'm keen to investigate is if there is any basis for demonstrably either using the knowledge of future/past time and/or physical manipuilation of past/ future events. (Yes, I really do mean that, and yes, even past events...woo hoo).

I know tis is out on the edge for many traders (or anyone for that matter) and may well draw the usual crowd for allusions to other t2w members posts, but I am being quite serious.

This is probably one of those posts that's too long to draw a response - and maybe the better for it - but if anyone does have anything sensible to add I'd really appreciate it as it is an on-going area of study for me.