Thinking about transferring my options trading accounts to Optionshouse

bob O

Thinking about transferring my options trading accounts from Optionsxpress to Optionshouse.

Been using optionsxpress for about 12 years. Overall been happy but, had a couple of recent customer service issues, and also looking to save some money on commissions.

Any opinions, advise or recommendations are appreciated.

Overall, I made the switch late 2013 and I really like the platform. If you are an options trader you will appreciate the real time quotes given right on the platform. Commissions are some of the cheapest around and minimizing costs are important for me.

The downfall of options house is their charting software is terrible. If you want real-time intraday charts, you will need to use another broker/platform for charting and technical analysis. They have awesome stuff for analyzing options though, I like using the Implied Volatility charts they give you access to.

Light years ahead

Hi there

In my opinion the Think or Swim options trading platform is the best in the business. Its easy to use and they listen to their traders recommendations when it comes to improving thier software.

Their customer service experience is great and I could negotiate a great commission rate when I switched to them.

I trade options full time and absolutely love TOS.

Just my two cents worth....

I would not recommend the Option house to anyone. The customer service is horrible, the real data for options is misleading (I compare it with the data in my TOS paper account); besides, I lost money a few times because their platform had bugs. Yes, I like Think or Swim much better with their educational program as well. Hope it helps.