the zulu principle

destiny

hi
has anyone read the zulu principle? is it worth buying and what is it about, i would be very greatfull if someone can shed some light on it

Yes I've read it. Yes it is well worth buying.

It is about Jim Slater's method of selecting growth shares using FA and (now - 'Beyond the Zulu Principle') Company Refs.

You do not have to subscribe to CRefs to use the methodlogy.

Hope that is some help.

LII

As LevII says, it's about growth shares - i.e. in for the long haul rather than speculative endeavours.

However, even with the PEG factor and all the other good things he espouses (and I do think it's a good read too) it's not a pot of gold for devotees either.

A friend of mine who IS a long-term investor has followed this style for a number of years buying into the likes of Blacks (clothing) and Whittard (Tea/Coffee) etc. Did well while the market did well (which is in itself easier said than done), but has lost 30% of his 'all time high value' since.

Seems a stop-loss wouldn't go amiss on any system...

no doubt slater is a guru, methods are excellent for selecting stocks small caps with market caps less than 100 million, however if you feel the market has limited upside going forward the next couple of years then i think the selection method will be of little help.. his son mark runs slater growth fund, not sure how well thats performed during last few years..
jd

Yep, agree with all that but the fundamental methodology is, IMO, very sound.

A beginer could do far worse than to start with ZP.

LII

An excellent book which explains fundamentals more clearly than any other I have come across. But don't follow the methodology slavishly - it hasn't performed well in the bear market.

hi
thanks for your replies :) . is this a system or tells you how to value a company in terms of NAV per share? how much does it cost? anyone selling second hand?

destiny said:
is this a system or tells you how to value a company in terms of NAV per share? how much does it cost? anyone selling second hand?

The full monty is provided by Hemmington-Scott. http://www.hemmington-scott.co.uk

They used to provide it hardcopy (it was a weighty tome!), then on monthly or quarterly CD (depending on your level of service).

They now appear to offer a daily web-based subscription service which I'm sure provides all that data you need along with the useful PEG factor.

I'm sure some of the helpful souls round here might be willing to part with the basic 'how to' documentation, but for the up-to-date data, I think you're going to need to subscribe.

destiny,

Both the Zulu Principle and Beyond the Zulu Principle were in my local library! You might try there first.

David

Can someone tell me when zulu opens after the weekend; in other words when can i close any open accounts on the board??????

Jim Slater, Zulu, PEG and Next PLC got me started. I bought the book and he explained all about Next PLC. How it had become a penny share and how it was undervalued, etc. I followed his logic and came to the conclusion that Next was still undervalued at around 2 pounds--I forget the exact price--but I put, for me, quite a large sum into them. They ended up at 16 pounds, then had a bad year and came back to 8, then went up again. A fantastic buy for me and I followed on with a lot more. bought on the same PEG principle. So, for me, I highly recommend "Zulu" as the best investor's book on the market. I would add that I am not a great follower of accounts, etc. but he put everything in a highly readable style. I never bothered with the sequel as I read that there was not much new in it. However, if it does for you what it did for me I would buy the two!

PS. You'll need a chart data service. I have Sharescope Gold. I have found that that filters the ones that I am looking for very well.

Last edited:
excellent book. however, i am speaking about the 3 party trading platformhttp://www.zulutrade.com/Index.aspx

i do not know what time i can access my open positions; i am eastern daylight time; does anyone know?

No need to book.
If I will give an advice, this have to be that "determine your LOT never up to 0.1 to every single signal provider". You need to try the DEMO account for a while and when you think you know to choose signal providers and you know how to make money easily from Zulutrade, then you must think about to open live account or link your broker account to Zulutrade. I entered with 500 $ and I doubled it in a month. But never forget that you need to be careful about MARGIN CALLs. It is very important like it is been in MT5.

If you need assintance or advice, you can send me a message.

If you want to open a DEMO account, you can use the link below;

Get a FREE Zulutrade DEMO ACCOUNT