Article The Power of Now

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,453 54
Debra looked at the candle on the daily chart. It was yesterday’s candle and it was red just like several before it; and it looked good. You see, it represented a pull-back from a high several days ago on the YM E-mini. The high was the latest in several higher highs and higher lows that stretched back a few months representing a strong upward trend. What looked attractive to her was the fact that the price action had bounced off a 10-period and a 15-period exponential moving average several times, and as well the highs pulled back off significant resistance levels several times. On this day, the price action’s pull-back was hitting a significant support level, which also happened to be coinciding with an upward cross-over of the two moving averages at the open. For her, this was an important set-up that she had been waiting for.
Debra was an experienced trader, and she appreciated that having a trade plan was essential; she also had a plan for this trade as well…that...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

timsk

Legendary member
7,059 1,861
Replace Debra with timsk and the YM with U.S. stock ERTS and you have an almost word perfect description of how I managed to blow 70% of my account on one trade back in 2004. Since that fateful day, I've often been tempted to move my stop for the same reason as 'Debra', but I always remember this experience (how could I forget it!) and leave it where it is. Now, I have a rule to only ever move a stop in the direction of the trade. Like a recovering alcoholic, I've wobbled a few times over the years, but it gets easier to stick to as time goes by.
Tim.