The Neurophysiology of Trust

Well spotted.

Very badly written article. Almost as badly written as one would expect from the LA Times. To the point of providing unintended amusement in places. But extremely interesting content, as you say!!

Agreed, there are some absolute corkers in there, if you sift with care and know what to look for, and, IF,
(which is the smallest word in the English Language but the one that means the most)
you find them, and are able to recognise them for what they are. (Giggle).

alexander said:
Can you fool a scanner?
I think to all intents and purposes the answer must be no. There are certainly very rare people who can fool a lie detector, after extensive training, but those have been around for 50 years or more. Scanners are comparatively new and it's difficult to imagine that anyone can have learned how to do this (if indeed it's possible at all).

More to the point, Roberto, is whether scanners exist that are able to fool themselves, and then those that rely on them as a consequence.....

SOCRATES said:
More to the point, Roberto, is whether scanners exist that are able to fool themselves
I doubt if they're intelligent enough for that(?) ...

Ha ! Ha ! I agree with you, but what I really mean is that the geniuses who create these gadgets hope the gadgets somehow become contaminated with intelligence, and now are able to become reliable entities in their own right.

Kind Regards.