The most desirable hi-rise London property

Directional

Experienced member
not being a born & bred Londoner, i though I'd put this question out to the wider masses in the know.

I've been asked by a US colleague to find out what the most desirable high-rise residential property is in London, apartment, pent house or whatever.

Any thoughts? I thought perhaps the Shard of Glass in SE1 might qualify, but its not built yet :cheesy:

Only criteria is that it has to be over 10 storeys tall, price not an issue.

Would have guessed that it the most expensive will be on the river or overlooking as park.
Possibly Shad Thames or Chelsea Harbour?

I'm on the Southbank and can't think of anything residential, desirable and above 10 storeys between Tower & Waterloo Bridges.

Will struggle to find over 10 stories in Shad Thames. Once you go out east past Butler's wharf towards Canary wharf there are a few.... likewise towards Wapping.. There's one up for sale in Cromwell Tower on the 39th for 2mill. Doubt your colleague will find anything higher.

Do they want the height for the views or to avoid the street level noise?

yeah I realize that most of central london has planning restrictions on height to preserve the skyline apparently - not even that many hi-rise offices are there really, gherkin, natwest tower, canary wharf / docklands and a few others are about it, excluding big ben :D

found this place though - pretty sweet! the penthouse is the top three floors and weighs in at nearly £4m
http://www.putneywharf-london.com/23/index.asp?posID=5,0

The answer to this question is simple.

Nothing is desirable in or around London.

JonnyT

Seconded, this from an estate agent mate of mind (no sarkey comments please!)

"Well I've not been there but I reckon it has to be Pan Peninsula.

www.panpeninsula.com"

Imperial Wharf looks quite good...perfect place to bring back a 'Sloaney Pony' from a night out on the Kings Road!

A Dashing Blade said:
Seconded, this from an estate agent mate of mind (no sarkey comments please!)

"Well I've not been there but I reckon it has to be Pan Peninsula.

www.panpeninsula.com"