The Market Matrix

Peter said:
Im Posting this just to indicate How things went yesterday and to indicate what I think may occur IF the market maintains its decline ...

Firstly
Yesterdays message should have read JULY 6th NOT June 6th.. Typo error ...Appologies !!!

The Dow did however find a TOP within 3 minutes of the time that I indicated. I was looking for 14.58 hrs UK and the Market topped at 15.01 hrs UK ( 10.01 hrs EST ).

The market then did go on to decline all day.

SO FAR it appears that the later Main signal of 20.34/36 hrs UK that I had in mind COULD be a Further LOWER swing Top.. IF SO and it continues to act as I suspect it could, then I would think that the market should likely continue its slide down and do so quite severely.

The Overnight last time I looked about 8 am UK had done little.

Ive a couple more cycles of interest over the next two days .. IF we continue down strongly today from that last 20.34 hrs signal, I would think that the market should have some trouble getting back above that last lower swing top.

A break back above that level is my first indication that the market is still strong.

Also IF we continue down , Im also curious to see if we get any support around 10220 / 10200.

Main time of interest today is between 14.59 / 15.08

Times of interest for today and early Friday 8th.

14.32***
14.59/15.01******

15.08*********
15.30/34**

16.01/07
16.33/37***

17.02***??????
17.59***

18.26???
18.31/34
18.54/57

19.08/11/15
19.47/51***

22.05 for overnight market

Friday July 8th

14.39 hrs *********** COULD become a Turn point if the market has maintained down to this time period.
great call for yesterday peter! the 14:58 you mentioned ran the rule for the rest of the day. looks like the markets heading down for the forseeable future, im already thinking 10000ish. keep up the good work!

Id appreciate any Mkt Matrix feed back on some of the main times I keep indicating...

One of my main concerns is will my expected signals come in as Highs or lows..

This is what im considering using MM for IF it could help determine the signals.

Otherwise its tricky to try and pre determine which way mkt may go IF my timings prove correct...

For July 8th..

Yesterday the Dow did initially continue its decline based on the terror attacks in London UK.. That rather freaked me out, not only for personnal moral reasons but the fact that I had had important cycle dates the day before.

The mkt however did fall to the level I wanted and find support although 25 pts lower than my expected target .. I was looking at around 10200, the mkt hit 10175.

My main timing signal didnt work to well, but my first indicated signal came in near lows of the day.

The rally certainly was a bit of a surprise considering the London events.

Breaking 10300 was also a bit surprising as it broke above the level where my 2nd main signal came in yesterday aronf 10290.

This happened the other day when the mkt just broke 10380 a pre level that a previous important signal had come in..

The mkt however did react on the 6th to the next one i had in mind and went on to fall 200 pts.

Today MAY do another similar thing.

Ive a main signal in around 14.40 hrs UK. Looking at what the overnight mkts doing its up 29 pts as i write.

10360 is about a 38.2% retrace of 10660 - 10175 range.

other times of interest.....17.05......18.35.....19.50.. 20.38

if the mkt does start down early on, should be another down day..

This could also retest 10175

if mkts still going up after 15.00 hrs, chances are it wont maintain its decline.

times are uk for EST minus 5 hrs

14.32****
14.36/14.39**************

15.30/33***
15.45****

17.05****

18.24***
18.35*****

19.48/50*********

20.03/08****
20.38****

Just to show what actually happened at yesterdays main signal...

The Attached chart shows what happened at 14.39 hrs UK....

I Certainly am NOT suggesting that this was easy as continuation signals Never are IMO.

However the Dow did start moving from the 1st signal at 14.32 hrs UK.

Then also it surged UP at 14.39 hrs. ( 9.39 hrs EST )

The BOTTOM of the Bars between 14.36 and 14.39 hrs DIDNT break, even about 30 mins later when the mkt did have a small decline. Basically IF one had been bold enough to go with that signal and place a Tight stop just Below 10323 .. one would have JUST got away with a very low risk trade..

THIS IS IF THINGS WORKED SO WELL IN AN IDEAL WORLD.. More than often they DON'T !

The red dots give an estimate where the other times reacted to the mkt..

Early on upto about 17.00 to 18.00 hrs many of the times did continue to lift the mkt if one had entered at a later time in the day.

I Just wish I could find a better way to try and pre determine with more conviction if some of these main signals were likely to be highs or lows, OR Buy or sell signals.

I was hoping maybe mkt matrix may have been able to help or advise...

Seems Unfortunate no one has attempted to try and advise.

THe DOW has Now had a nice rally in two days

10475 is approx a 61.8 % retrace of the 10660 - 10175 range.

about 10490 to 10514 would be another 66.6 % to 70.7 % retrace IF the mkt gets there next week..

Ive TWO Main signals im looking at between the 11th and 12th.

The MAIN one I have unfortunately I do not have any detailed accuracy as I do not have the necessary intraday data to be able to calculate it.

Its A MAIN signal coming in from the JULY 1932 LOW

IF ANYone Knows WHAT time in 1932 that the DOW found its low.. I could calculate in more detail.

THIS MAY BE A VERY BIG MOVE IF it REACTS...

Its still VERY tricky as to which way the mkt may go..

I WILL also be looking for close cluster timing points from other cycles I have to make a best estimate.

For July 8th..

Yesterday the Dow did initially continue its decline based on the terror attacks in London UK.. That rather freaked me out, not only for personnal moral reasons but the fact that I had had important cycle dates the day before.

The mkt however did fall to the level I wanted and find support although 25 pts lower than my expected target .. I was looking at around 10200, the mkt hit 10175.

My main timing signal didnt work to well, but my first indicated signal came in near lows of the day.

Breaking 10300 was also a bit surprising as it broke above the level where my 2nd main signal came in yesterday aronf 10290.

This happened the other day when the mkt just broke 10380 a pre level that a previous important signal had come in..

The mkt however did react on the 6th to the next one i had in mind and went on to fall 200 pts.

Ive a main signal in around 14.40 hrs UK. Looking at what the overnight mkts doing its up 29 pts as i write.

if mkts still going up after 15.00 hrs, chances are it wont maintain its decline.

14.32****

15.30/33***
15.45****

17.05****

18.24***
18.35*****

19.48/50*********

20.03/08****
20.38****
20.44[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• xxx  Dow  July 8th 05 ..1 day  chart.bmp  times  .gif
    xxx Dow July 8th 05 ..1 day chart.bmp times .gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 366
Peter said:
Just to show what actually happened at yesterdays main signal...

The Attached chart shows what happened at 14.39 hrs UK....

I Certainly am NOT suggesting that this was easy as continuation signals Never are IMO.

However the Dow did start moving from the 1st signal at 14.32 hrs UK.

Then also it surged UP at 14.39 hrs. ( 9.39 hrs EST )

The BOTTOM of the Bars between 14.36 and 14.39 hrs DIDNT break, even about 30 mins later when the mkt did have a small decline. Basically IF one had been bold enough to go with that signal and place a Tight stop just Below 10323 .. one would have JUST got away with a very low risk trade..

THIS IS IF THINGS WORKED SO WELL IN AN IDEAL WORLD.. More than often they DON'T !

The red dots give an estimate where the other times reacted to the mkt..

Early on upto about 17.00 to 18.00 hrs many of the times did continue to lift the mkt if one had entered at a later time in the day.

I Just wish I could find a better way to try and pre determine with more conviction if some of these main signals were likely to be highs or lows, OR Buy or sell signals.

I was hoping maybe mkt matrix may have been able to help or advise...

Seems Unfortunate no one has attempted to try and advise.

THe DOW has Now had a nice rally in two days

10475 is approx a 61.8 % retrace of the 10660 - 10175 range.

about 10490 to 10514 would be another 66.6 % to 70.7 % retrace IF the mkt gets there next week..

Ive TWO Main signals im looking at between the 11th and 12th.

The MAIN one I have unfortunately I do not have any detailed accuracy as I do not have the necessary intraday data to be able to calculate it.

Its A MAIN signal coming in from the JULY 1932 LOW

IF ANYone Knows WHAT time in 1932 that the DOW found its low.. I could calculate in more detail.

THIS MAY BE A VERY BIG MOVE IF it REACTS...

Its still VERY tricky as to which way the mkt may go..

I WILL also be looking for close cluster timing points from other cycles I have to make a best estimate.

For July 8th..

14.32****

15.30/33***
15.45****

17.05****

18.24***
18.35*****

19.48/50*********

20.03/08****
20.38****
[/QUOTE]hi peter,youve gone quiet this week. whats the verdict on the current uptrend? are you getting any signals of a continuation pattern or is it fairly indescisive? do please keep posting on this thread as im interested to know if there are many people out there using gann as a primary trading tool profitably. also any of the market matrix mob who have any recent feedback,bring us up to date on how the system is performing,(or how well you're interpreting it) this thread seems to be gettin awful sleepy

Hi Houdani

I started posting to TRY and get some further feedback on Mkt Matrix and Hopefully some Potential comparison with some of my own analysis which overall I have found Can at times give some very accurate signals.

I was Hoping that Members May have found them useful..

BUT as seen as I was getting Little OR NO feedback.. I just thought I was wasting my time posting..

I was Hoping someone who uses MM with some sucess would have been good enough to compare analysis for a week or two.

I was considering Purchasing the MM system IF I could have had some positive feedback that I Thought May help me determine my cycles as either likely Tops Or Bottoms IN advance..

Im Not necessarily looking for as good as accurracy, BUT Just within a few hours to a day IF a Important High Or low is likely to form.

IF anyone wants to follow any of my times its Free on

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ganncycles2004

So Far the Rally from the Low made on the 7th where I did say I was looking for Support around 10200 has proved stronger than I expected..

I DIDNT THINK the July 6th top would be taken out so soon.

I did question was I one day OUT in my main timing BUT I rechecked and I dont think I was...

The SPX has NOW BROKE June Highs..

I Had ONE POSSIBLE BIG signal In for the 11th or 12th,, BUT I Do NOT think that It worked...

I did think we MAY see around 10520/30 Hold as a TOP the last two days, BUT yesterdays later new top to 10540 took the mkt higher than I was suspecting as I did have two early good signals that initially looked like they were reversing the mkt..

If the mkt still rallies AFTER the 14th I will be lost until my next set of main signals come in at the end of the Month apart from the ODD one or TWO Main ones I may have in between...

Seems The MKT Matrix guys just no longer wish to post on this thread for what ever reason

Today MAY see a decent reation around 15.39 hrs UK

On the 14th Im looking at 14.58 hrs UK...

Price wise IF a TOP is going to form above 10544 by today or Tomorrow.. My best estimate would be between 10600 to 10660 again.

Last edited:
just reading this old thread and got to wondering where all the market matrix people have gone and if they are all living on tropical islands or bought there own football clubs yet? or are steve copans 3 disc set making adequate coasters in the living room now? be interesting to hear from anyone at t2w who is using this system still.

I'm still here but, as promised, didn't want to live on these boards. Am loving MM and have tweaked various parts so I can apply it profitly from day to day. Is now a consistently well performing method with low drawdown and high prob profits. I recommend that anyone watch the first disk over and over again as this is the real key - Mr Copan suggests this in his comments on the members forum. I've taken his comments to heart and the clues are all there. It has been taking a big chunk of my day, but many months on now, it's becoming part of my life and I'm very happy with it. I'm not going post more and you can look at my trades from before, but just wanted to stick up for it because it's been very good to me, and i'm expecting a lot more in the future too.

robster4 said:
I'm still here but, as promised, didn't want to live on these boards. Am loving MM and have tweaked various parts so I can apply it profitly from day to day. Is now a consistently well performing method with low drawdown and high prob profits. I recommend that anyone watch the first disk over and over again as this is the real key - Mr Copan suggests this in his comments on the members forum. I've taken his comments to heart and the clues are all there. It has been taking a big chunk of my day, but many months on now, it's becoming part of my life and I'm very happy with it. I'm not going post more and you can look at my trades from before, but just wanted to stick up for it because it's been very good to me, and i'm expecting a lot more in the future too.
glad to hear its working out for you, are you spread betting using it?

robster4 said:

CLUES?? For 3K you should get the full picture, not a cludo mystery!!

robster4 said:
HI Robster
Thanks for the post.
Is the first disc to which you refer the one on Delta.I see they sell that separately at a price which is closer to my budget
If you could clarify
Thanks in advance

Interesting Thread...

It seems that, the age old problem with delta ie...(you don't know if a points in until after the event :rolleyes:...) is trying to be solved by the use of good old Elliott wave...

One has to beg the question, why bother with Delta in the first place ?? Unless its just another means of marketing...lets face it , only the elliott mob are likely to buy a system based on time & price projections, and 2k is pushing it to say least . Add the Delta, plus a sprinkle of marketing for various well known sources and 2K becomes a little more realistic.

May be one would be better severed just by reading miner's dynamic trader :?:

Last edited:
matrix

Shiver said:
Although I'm extremely interested in this, my reasons for wanting it extend beyond trading markets (although that of course would be reason enough).

I've emailed Tom H about this, asking for some predictions. He pointed me to his site update of the 14th April which targetted S&P @1141 (actual 1140 not withstanding continous or contract exceptions).

I think I've already made my mind up that I'm going to go for this product, though I won't be trading before well into the summer.

Hi Shiver i have recently joined trade2win but was wondering have you taken the plunge and brought the matrix, if so how are you doing. After reading the article intrader mag i was intrigued. i have emailed steve to answer a numbr of questions i havew but have not had a reply yet. I f anyone else has some meaningful inpit on the matter i would be interested to here from you directly. my email address is [email protected]
thanks

matrix

sadude said:
HI Robster
Thanks for the post.
Is the first disc to which you refer the one on Delta.I see they sell that separately at a price which is closer to my budget
If you could clarify
Thanks in advance

hi i am interested in the matrix but before parting with any money wished to talkto traders using the product. i would be interested if you could pass on your views
my email address is [email protected]

Don't expect a reply from Steve... you won't get one! That is not to say he is a charlatan - he just doesn't get involved. There is a good forum community once you join and the majority of questions are answered there. The Matrix requires a lot of effort - but it is well worth it and you get out what you put in. It is not the only system/strategy/method I trade, but it does form the backbone of a lot of what I trade...

If MM was that good all the MM users would be very very rich. If MM is so acurate it should be priceless.

AC007 said:
If MM was that good all the MM users would be very very rich. If MM is so acurate it should be priceless.

If MM was that good you would only need to do one trade, like the Soybean trade over a contract rollover, and then retire with so much money you would spend the rest of your life giving it away and still have loads left.

there have been about 3 people who wish to sell their MM packages on T2W.

it is unlikely it is because they have made a fortune, and can retire.
however, as with all systems, it could be because they were not suited to it.
or the signals were too ambiguous.
on the positive side, there is, I believe a chatroom of MM owner who help each other out.
however, I suspect, they spend more time coming up with differing analysis.

the peculiarity is, even if you are marginally wrong about entries, surely, you should get the general direction of the trade right. I mean, you dont HAVE to get the absolute top and bottom to make a profit.
getting the exact turning point should be seen as finesse, but NOT a requirement.

are the people selling their copies:
a: not making any money at all
b: making money, but no more than any other cheaper and less-complex systems, thus invalidating the need to do a lot of analysis (which, to be fair, MM does say you have to put a lot of work in )

unfortuantely, the ones selling their copies are not likely to point out the reasons for selling, in case they put off buyers.

until someone reviews MM, all is conjecture.

trendie said:
there have been about 3 people who wish to sell their MM packages on T2W.

it is unlikely it is because they have made a fortune, and can retire.
however, as with all systems, it could be because they were not suited to it.
or the signals were too ambiguous.
on the positive side, there is, I believe a chatroom of MM owner who help each other out.
however, I suspect, they spend more time coming up with differing analysis.

the peculiarity is, even if you are marginally wrong about entries, surely, you should get the general direction of the trade right. I mean, you dont HAVE to get the absolute top and bottom to make a profit.
getting the exact turning point should be seen as finesse, but NOT a requirement.

are the people selling their copies:
a: not making any money at all
b: making money, but no more than any other cheaper and less-complex systems, thus invalidating the need to do a lot of analysis (which, to be fair, MM does say you have to put a lot of work in )

unfortuantely, the ones selling their copies are not likely to point out the reasons for selling, in case they put off buyers.

until someone reviews MM, all is conjecture.

As the MM is sold on CD's, I would think that it is sensible to just copy the CD's and then sell them. One person was selling for £1,700, so would have got the MM for £300. I am still waiting to see a slightly revised version on ebay for £50 :)

Bigbusiness said:
As the MM is sold on CD's, I would think that it is sensible to just copy the CD's and then sell them. One person was selling for £1,700, so would have got the MM for £300. I am still waiting to see a slightly revised version on ebay for £50 :)

true enough Bb,

however, it is said that you have to put a lot of work in, and you would no help if you got into difficulties.
and you would be potentially missing out on mixing with other MM users, who may have made their own refinements to make it work. ( this kind of thing happens all the time. whether they would share is another matter )

I too am keen to add MM to my collection, as a curiosity, and myself be willing to spend upto £200 for it. ( I am sure we all spend the odd $50 here or there on quirky things that catch our eyes, just to see what its all about, but not expecting it to deliver us the holy grail, as you never know, where the next nugget is coming from )

keep any eye on ebay.

I saw an offer for the MM with 30 day money back guarantee. I was about to give it a try but then saw that in order to get your money back you had to return the program unused and with the security seal intact!!

I wrote to them and asked what use their money back guarantee is if all you could do during the 30 day trial was look at a set of unopened CD`s!

They replied saying that they weren`t going to be ripped off by people copying the CD`s and then asking for a refund. I wrote back saying, more or less, that if the program was so good and made people lots of money, why would one bother asking for a refund?