The Market Matrix

i think you only need to look at the analysis on www.tradertom.co.uk by tom hougaard who sells
market matrix on behalf of steve copan to realise it is open to interpretation as tom does hedge
his bets somewhat!

edward

you guys still talking about MM - time - MM - Time....
.........have'nt you learnt that its...Time out.....................

Predictions

LET THE DOUBTERS BE..FOR PETE'S SAKE ROB,GO MAKE SOME MONEY FROM THE MM SYSTEM! THESE FOLKS WOULDN'T BELIEVE JESUS IF THEY FELL OVER HIM. IT ALWAYS TAKES A LEAP OF FAITH, AND IT'S A SHAME IF THEY STOP AT THE LAST STEP AFTER TAKING A FEW THAT FAILED.
robster4 said:
Chris & Dave

Can I say a tentative yes to your request.

I should however say that as and when I do post something, the projections will be based entirely on my own personal calculations for which I take responsibility - in other words if I get them wrong then it's my fault for not applying the methods properly.

Again, as a MM rookie, even though I'm having success with it, there may be times that I'll say something like "this is the area for a turn - I'm going long/short at $xx.xx with a stop at $yy.yy". And these projections could be intraday or other time frames that I'm calculating.

This could be like finally reaching the urinal at a football match with 100 angry hooligans waiting in the queue behind me! I do confess this could give me some stage fright - I can't tell you when I'll make the first post, but I'll try to give some warning.

Rob

"wmcf"--provocative little post there-
are you trying to resserect this thread so more punters take that leap of faith?

"whay no-siree I'm just a simple leaner like youall"

Yours sincerely
Chrisg

wmcf said:
THESE FOLKS WOULDN'T BELIEVE JESUS IF THEY FELL OVER HIM
The difficulty on these boards is the number of people purporting to be Jesus.

By the way wmcf, any reason why, after becoming a member of T2W today, your first and only post adopts this stance?

LII

wmcf said:
LET THE DOUBTERS BE..FOR PETE'S SAKE ROB,GO MAKE SOME MONEY FROM THE MM SYSTEM! THESE FOLKS WOULDN'T BELIEVE JESUS IF THEY FELL OVER HIM. IT ALWAYS TAKES A LEAP OF FAITH, AND IT'S A SHAME IF THEY STOP AT THE LAST STEP AFTER TAKING A FEW THAT FAILED.

913 people took 'a leap of faith' in Jim Jones in 1978 - they ended up dead. Thousands of people take 'leaps of faith' in all manner of ponzi type snake-oil claims every day - and get fleeced.

Be very careful what you put your faith in I say - and if you want to make a success of trading, first and foremost it better be yourself.

peterpr said:
Be very careful what you put your faith in I say - and if you want to make a success of trading, first and foremost it better be yourself.

Peter, your posts get better and better by the day.

Amen, brother.

FC

FetteredChinos said:
Peter, your posts get better and better by the day.
Amen, brother.
FC
Thanks FC - I try not miss any of yours. That wicked humor is a tonic ;)

wmcf said:

Hardly a valid comparison; Jesus worked miracles - Robster, Steve etc are just working an audience ;-)

timcannell said:
Hardly a valid comparison; Jesus worked miracles - Robster, Steve etc are just working an audience ;-)

And I thought Robster was just a customer learning the MM craft.

Quelle naivete :eek:

If anyones using market matrix and would be good enough to share and swap a few of their views based upon their analysis, I would be interested..

This was my last call for the 22nd June. I wrote it on the 21st ..

This ones worked very nicely , so far

Forgive my spelling mistakes I was in a rush and didnt have time to check for mistakes.
Thats my excuse anyway ! :)

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ganncycles2004

Date: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:56 pm
Subject: Dow For June 22nd ganncycles2004
Send Email

Just a quick note.

As I write today, its on the longest day of the year June 21st
summer solastace. This is one Of Ganns important time points of the
year as solastaces and eqinoxes can be in the yearly calendar.

I see my initial target of 10660 was very nearly hit last week.

COULD see some selling from here as I suggested.

Tomorrow could be important..!!!

WATCH 14.38 hrs UK ( 9.38 EST )

I May have more to say later.

IF we go above 10666 could see 10700 / 10720 ish

Only 15 days to July 6th .

Oldun said:
And I thought Robster was just a customer learning the MM craft.

Quelle naivete :eek:

He may well be, but my personal view is that for whatever reason hes lost his objectivity somewhere along the way....

Dow MM mkt timing

If any Mkt Matrix students would be willing to give any opinion on the DJ in comparison to any of the timings or dates, it would be good to compare notes.

Ive July 6th to 13th in mind.. July 6th in particular.

One of my main concerns anytime is could July 6th be a important date. I think we could see this as a potential main date to expect either some sort of top out which leads to the start of a big decline, or as a low and a rally at least to end of August / September.

As I mention below I THINK IF we break 10150 and are still declining below this after June 30th we will see a new yearly low lower than 10,000.

IF the mkt can hold up from either the low made on the 27th OR this next 2 days we could see a blow off rally into the July 6th time frame.

Heres some times today that I suspect could be of interest..

The Dow didnt quite do as I had initially suspected on the 27th as
it didnt react to 10300 from the open. It also fell short of the
10220 level that I thought would offer support if 10300 broke.
Timing wise the low made on the 27th did react to a decent time
signal on that day. I just didnt think it would prove more important
than the earlier signal I had in mind on the 27th. So it is possible
that low could hold.

10256 ish was approx a 61.8% retrace of the 10660 - 10,000 range.

Im still curious to see if we hit the 66.6 to 70.7% retrace

If the Market falls to Thursday we may yet see this level tested, ie
10220 / 10200.

Ive several interesting signals coming in today and Thursday.

So far The Dow has hit a 38.2% retrace of its last 10660 to 10256
range to hit around 10410 yesterday.

Two signals come in prior to the cash mkt open. So far the overnight
ones holding the mkt going higher as i write.

Times are UK for EST minus 5 hours.

12.48 ****** ?????

14.44****???

15.42/46**********
15.50******

16.03???
16.17************
16.27/31********** ??????

17.00??????????????

18.49 ******?????

19.36***********

20.43 ************** ?????

********************************************************************************

Date: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:28 am
Subject: Dow June 27th ganncycles2004
Send Email
Remove Author | Ban Author

So far the market has had a sharp decline since hitting the 10660 ish
level last week. Its now down almost 360 pts.

My big question now is whats likely to happen in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

No doubt, there is a possibility that IF the market is going to have
a big decline this year, that last week was a lower swing high that
has formed Below the years high of around 11,000 made on March 7th

Obviously if this is the case chances are the market has now started
down and should continue severely down in the next few weeks.

However, I still have around July 6th to 13th as looking the most
important time zone. ( July 6th in particular )

It is always possible July 6th / 13th could turn out as a low, and If
so and it reacts , then Id suspect theres a high probability that the
market continue to hold up at least to September.

IF this is going to be a TOP then we have see the martet re rally back
up soon.

Between Now and July 6th, I have had some interesting signals in this
weekend, so we may reverse Today.. However I seem to have late on the
29th and the 30th June showing more timing clusters of interest.

Pricewise, again if 10300 fails to hold, then 10220 / 10200 seems to
have good potential support.

If the market should decline below 10150 after the 30th June then I
think we may well see the Dow decline to July 6th and theres a good
chance it will find a lower low below 10,000 that was made in April

I think initially IF the market breaks below last weeks low after the
open of todays cash mkt that we will probably go lower or sideways
until June 29th / 30th.

No doubt the market is going to have to have a fair move back up if
its going to break back above 10660 and make an even higher 2nd yearly
lower swing top by July 6th.

If somehow we do get a big rally back up into july 6th, we may even
see an attempt of a blow off to 10830 ish.. Id be amazed IF it broke
that level or made new yearly highs if we do start up this week.

This date July 6th is as interesting as the Oct 10th low made in 2002.

********************************************************************************************

Peter said:
If anyones using market matrix and would be good enough to share and swap a few of their views based upon their analysis, I would be interested..

This was my last call for the 22nd June. I wrote it on the 21st ..

This ones worked very nicely , so far

Forgive my spelling mistakes I was in a rush and didnt have time to check for mistakes.
Thats my excuse anyway ! :)

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ganncycles2004

Date: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:56 pm
Subject: Dow For June 22nd ganncycles2004
Send Email

Just a quick note.

As I write today, its on the longest day of the year June 21st
summer solastace. This is one Of Ganns important time points of the
year as solastaces and eqinoxes can be in the yearly calendar.

I see my initial target of 10660 was very nearly hit last week.

COULD see some selling from here as I suggested.

Tomorrow could be important..!!!

WATCH 14.38 hrs UK ( 9.38 EST )

I May have more to say later.

IF we go above 10666 could see 10700 / 10720 ish

Only 15 days to July 6th .

So far the Dow has reacted well to some of the times that I indicated, although not as perfectly and seems to have started down.

Ive Three Main potential times for THursday 30th. I THINK one of these could find a Low. BUT beware of inverses.

I THINK either 14.30 OR 16.40 hrs could be the better signals

If the market has found a LOW at one of the two main times I think it should be a good chance of a rally.

The LOW on the 27th June, May hold and this COULD become a higher swing low above 10256 IF it Holds above this level by 16.40 hrs UK Thursday.

Times are UK for EST minus 5 hrs

14.30************** ( 9.30 am EST )

16.40 hrs **************

last msg to see if today does find some sort of low and takes of with a rally to July 6th,, or do we head down to July.

Subject: Dow June 30th ganncycles2004

The Dow so far did top just above the 38.2% retrace of the 10660 -
10256 range and did react to some of the main time signals I had
yesterday.

I want to see now if it continues down either to new lows below
10256, OR to see if we get a higher swing low above 10256 by 16.41
hrs UK.

Inverses could occurr IF instead the market decides its going up
above yesterdays high. So if this happens we may get a top out on
one of my main timings.

Ideally Id like to see some sort of low ( below yesterdays low )
made between 14.30 and 16.40 hrs UK.

If we get this could see start of a move up towards Independence day
and until July 6th. If I recall often the mkts do rally into Ind
day holidays in many past years.

watch between 16.00 and 16.45 hrs if mkt goes down today early on.

Times are UK minus 5 hrs for EST.

10.33*******

14.30/34**************
14.57*****

16.34******
16.41**************
16.54********

20.59****

July 1st

As the mkt didnt find a low and rally and the 27th Low still held yesterday, I will post these times for today.. If we do make new lows early on I want to see if the 10220 / 10200 level holds.
Several of my main times yesterday were close to pivots or reaction points, But were tops and ot lows, hence the mkt sold off......

A new month has arrived which I await to see if it brings an important event for this year.

Looking at yesterday, the market certainly had some good reactions to my timings, The 14.57 hr signal was close to the days top, but I didnt get the low I was suspecting at 16.41 hrs UK.
Instead it was a minor lower days swing top and the market never broke back above it at exactly 16.41 hrs. From here the market sold off all day.

Other earlier times also came in close to pivots or interesting reactions which topped out or sold off.

The 19.22 signal was 3 mins out of seeing a quick 50 point decline in less than 5 mins..

The Low of the 27th June however still holds. we didnt make new lows.

Could we today, and if so will we sell or could the mkt still reverse up into the July 6th time frame. ?

Ive managed to find a few times of interest for today, but I am awaiting a full new monthly time sheet to be produced for July.

Hope to have this for next week , so I only have a few times to post for today.

Watch

15.40*****
15.54????

16.05************

19.33????
19.54**********

20.44???

Peter said:
As the mkt didnt find a low and rally and the 27th Low still held yesterday, I will post these times for today.. If we do make new lows early on I want to see if the 10220 / 10200 level holds.
Several of my main times yesterday were close to pivots or reaction points, But were tops and ot lows, hence the mkt sold off......

A new month has arrived which I await to see if it brings an important event for this year.

Looking at yesterday, the market certainly had some good reactions to my timings, The 14.57 hr signal was close to the days top, but I didnt get the low I was suspecting at 16.41 hrs UK.
Instead it was a minor lower days swing top and the market never broke back above it at exactly 16.41 hrs. From here the market sold off all day.

Other earlier times also came in close to pivots or interesting reactions which topped out or sold off.

The 19.22 signal was 3 mins out of seeing a quick 50 point decline in less than 5 mins..

The Low of the 27th June however still holds. we didnt make new lows.

Could we today, and if so will we sell or could the mkt still reverse up into the July 6th time frame. ?

Ive managed to find a few times of interest for today, but I am awaiting a full new monthly time sheet to be produced for July.

Hope to have this for next week , so I only have a few times to post for today.

Watch

15.40*****
15.54????

16.05************

19.33????
19.54**********

20.44???
how did the your time predictions work out last friday peter? i never got the chance to check in detail, had relatives to stay for the weekend.

Hi Houdani

Many of the times did work VERY well . including 3 or 4 of the main ones I had in mind, ie the 16.00 and 16.41 hrs.. They came in either as lower swing highs below the days top, or just as continued reactions.

Below is what I am looking for today... As I mention... At the moment after yesterday.. Initially Things DONT LOOK promising for what I wanted to see.. However IF we do get a a big move starting from early on towards the last hour,, we could see things work out more into a scenerio that I would like..

IF Nothing special occurs today, then Chances are ( In My Opinion IMO ) that as long as last weeks low holds we stay up at least another month or two into August / September.

I have one other big potential signal in next week.. BUT at the moment Its just a one off with no good cluster signals backing it up.

For June 6th 2005 from

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ganncycles2004/

Looking at how the Dow has performed yesterday, it has broke back above one main signal that I had in mind last week ( Thurday at 16.40 hrs UK around 10380 ish ) which did come in as a swing top and started to decline the market.. On that Thursday I also had an end of day potential strong signal in the last minute of the day at 20.59 hrs UK ( 15.59 hrs EST ).. It turns out this held the market from continuing down below 10256 ish the 61.8 % retracement of the 10660 - 10,000 range.

Yesterday the Dow maintained its rally back up after Friday had headed down towards its close, even though it had rallied from that close on Thursday into the first hour on Friday.

I have been saying How I thought June 6th could prove important !

Well seeing what the Market has done the last few trading days and where it closed yesterday , I wouldnt Think its got a high probability of being anything special today unless we get a big move one way or the other into later today. Such as a 100 to 200 point move from say 14.30 / 15.00 into the last hour today.

If anything the test will be to see if the market can either find a decent high if we get a big rally today, OR a decent Low if the market should sell off below last weeks Low at least.

Ideally I would like to see the market maintain its move back up and rally about 200 points back up to the 10660 level....

This as I say seems somewhat low Odds.. However SHOULD IT DO SO.. Then I wouldnt count out a HIGH probability that the market could top out and start down for some time over the next few days if not weeks ahead.

However today I have TWO MAIN Time cycles In mind.. BOTH I would say have the potential to really Move the market 200 points.

The first one is around 14.58 hrs UK ( 9.58 hrs EST )

The second is at 20.34 hrs UK ( 15.34 hrs EST )

IF the 1st signal does react, I would not count out the possibility that the market may move in what ever direction into the second time frame.

So If the 1st signal finds a low and the market rallies, I wouldnt count out the possibility that it could rally upto 20.34 hrs.

The opposite could occur in the event that the 1st signal comes in as a high, in that the market may sell off into the 20.34 hrs time frame.

If those two times do prove valid today, the other scenerio is they could both act as either highs or lows.

Out of the two signals the 2nd in at 20.34 is expected to be the strongest signal of the day.....

There are some other times through out the day with some other early signals acting not too far from the 14.58 hr UK one.

Here are some other times of interest to watch out for and to beware of.

I Hope to try and get some other times that I may be able to add to this list ASAP. Hopefully before 15.00 hrs If I find anything worth informing you about... Im awaiting a more detailed time sheet.

Times are UK for EST minus 5 hrs.

14.30 hrs..
14.42/46******
14.58***************

20.34/36*******************

Chart Shows Dow June 30th to July 1st 05

This was What the Dow did on June 30th to early July 1st and shows a chart How those times reacted.

Some were almost spot on to the minute or within 5 minutes.

5 worked amazingly well and were either close to a main high or low or continued LOWER swing tops below the days top ( for the 30th june )

14.57 was close to the days top 4 mins out

16.00 hrs started going down.

16.41 was a minor lower swing top BELOW the days high. SEE WHAT THE MKT DID FROM HERE.. went 100 points down for the day... !!!

19.22 was 3 minutes OUT ..The TOP of this lower swing top was in at 1919 hrs 3 mins earlier than I estimated... THIS was interesting as here the mkt fell 50 points in 3 minutes AMAZING !!!

NOTE how it went down to the next signal end of day 20.59 hrs...

I tried to indicate the better moves with ******* next to the times.

THEN NOTE I Indicated 15.40 hrs next day

This proved the TOP for July 1st

PLEASE NOTE these times in this example overall worked exceptionally !!!

I DONT always produce this accuracy or consistency.. BUT I do often find some very interesting times throughout a day or week.

To check them in detail go to
http://www.prophet.net/analyze/javacharts.jsp

here you can get intraday charts still going back several days..

Click on indices and click on DJ 30

select 5 days worth of charts and click on 1 min bars.

Here you can check in full detail times that I indicated.

Attachments

• xxx  Dow  June 30th to July 1st 05 ..1 day  chart.bmp  times  .gif
    xxx Dow June 30th to July 1st 05 ..1 day chart.bmp times .gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 435
Im Posting this just to indicate How things went yesterday and to indicate what I think may occur IF the market maintains its decline ...

Firstly
Yesterdays message should have read JULY 6th NOT June 6th.. Typo error ...Appologies !!!

The Dow did however find a TOP within 3 minutes of the time that I indicated. I was looking for 14.58 hrs UK and the Market topped at 15.01 hrs UK ( 10.01 hrs EST ).

The market then did go on to decline all day.

SO FAR it appears that the later Main signal of 20.34/36 hrs UK that I had in mind COULD be a Further LOWER swing Top.. IF SO and it continues to act as I suspect it could, then I would think that the market should likely continue its slide down and do so quite severely.

The Overnight last time I looked about 8 am UK had done little.

Ive a couple more cycles of interest over the next two days .. IF we continue down strongly today from that last 20.34 hrs signal, I would think that the market should have some trouble getting back above that last lower swing top.

A break back above that level is my first indication that the market is still strong.

Also IF we continue down , Im also curious to see if we get any support around 10220 / 10200.

Main time of interest today is between 14.59 / 15.08

Times of interest for today and early Friday 8th.

14.32***
14.59/15.01******

15.08*********
15.30/34**

16.01/07
16.33/37***

17.02***??????
17.59***

18.26???
18.31/34
18.54/57

19.08/11/15
19.47/51***

22.05 for overnight market

Friday July 8th

14.39 hrs *********** COULD become a Turn point if the market has maintained down to this time period.