The FTSE 2006

a bounce would be typical. im out still waiting for the break of 80....its trying

hmmm, crappy AND sideways.. ah well..

still short from 5983, might exit at +1 should it get there, as i dont like the action at the mo..

ah, the chinos legendary timing kicks in yet again.. might hold of on taking a profit as it seems to be resuming its downtrend, albeit unbelievably slowly..

I am hoping this sideways malarkey we see in the FTSe and to lesser exn the DAX gets shrugged off asap!

main reason for the slowness, i guess, is the data out at 2.30 and 4pm today which might mean we have a lot more sideways rubbish till then.

also, Dow futures are sitting on a major trendline which could have dramatic consequences should it break.

i have a feeling it will break down, as we are in a Bradley Turning timescale and we have been trending up for quite some time on daily basis..

fc

out at 5980 ofr +3 for the moment.. dont like the way it is playing out.. the Dow is still holding up..

will re-assess later

FetteredChinos said:
out at 5980 ofr +3 for the moment.. dont like the way it is playing out.. the Dow is still holding up..

will re-assess later

quarter end marking is at 15:30 I thought, that might be providing some support

flat at the moment apart from a small short on the CAC which is acting very stubborn

bounce to 6000 on the FTSE will provide a reasonable short entry point all though most i am talking to/reading about all reckon the markets are super strong at the moment and basically buy the dip - the trend is your friend and april is going to see a big push higher along with japan!

yup, but april will then also see a top for a few months before a rally into the end of the year..

(calendar seasonals)

April 15th or thereabouts has a tendency to be a high until october/november

but the action in telecoms potrays a different picture.look at BT going down on proper volume and vod etc etc.Im suspecting that it may be distribution at thi juncture.The smart money is figuring that rate hikes may not be the best thing and are slowly heading for the exits.Not to rule out that we may get a sharp bump up and then its curtains
But again with the liquidity sloshing around we may see us lifted higher by funds looking for attractive allocations..but where?everything look toppy right now.
i wouyld be more comfortable with a dip to 5920ih then a rise into 6060.

it a difficult animal

downbytheriver7 said:
quarter end marking is at 15:30 I thought, that might be providing some support

flat at the moment apart from a small short on the CAC which is acting very stubborn

bounce to 6000 on the FTSE will provide a reasonable short entry point all though most i am talking to/reading about all reckon the markets are super strong at the moment and basically buy the dip - the trend is your friend and april is going to see a big push higher along with japan!

just to add thats not my view! i am more along the 'its all a bit toppy' but i have to trade what is in front of me so will go with the flow...actually trying a small long on the FTSE here..US market open and quater end bounce..worth ago.. looking to close by end of day...

completely weird action all morning on the markets..

FTSE has broken out further, but with zero momentum.. might be a trap..

and also Dow not budging,

Plus, Capitalspreads and IGIndex have been been an Arb opportunity since 8am... funny things going on..

downbytheriver7 said:
just to add thats not my view! i am more along the 'its all a bit toppy' but i have to trade what is in front of me so will go with the flow...actually trying a small long on the FTSE here..US market open and quater end bounce..worth ago.. looking to close by end of day...

hows your long looking...still in?