The freedom to trade on a level playing field

Naz

Experienced member
In a week that betting tax is going to be removed to entice punters back to the UK and we're talking about hitting the Taliban to secure the freedom of our way of life.Perhaps the powers that be might have a look at the freedom of our industry.

1/2% stamp duty is driving many traders offshore(via the web)to trade UK stocks.Just like the betting fraternity did.When this happens our eyes are opened to the restrictive practices that happen here.Very similar to the scandal in new car purchases.

Recently i was at Sharex and almost fell off my seat with laughter when a salesman demonstrated how i could trade Nasdaq 100 stocks with a spread of 20c from his company.

Restrictions mean that US brokerages cannot advertise in this country and offer commission free trading,level 2 direct access,no stamp duty and spreads as small as 1c.

Restrictions here mean that i still generally have to buy or sell from a market maker at his price, instead of trading my stock side by side with him in a free and open electronic market place like the Nasdaq.Thats what i call trading freedom.

Talking about the freedom,can the powers that be on the web site consider letting us have our spell checker back!I'm afraid i'm a trader not a journalist.
Many thanks guys.