The Forex holiday fund

Fairly good day for the journal.
Put a limt order in to short the SPX if it got abouve 900 os so. Just back from work to see id been filled, and closed it manually for 140 pips profit.

Im now up £130 this week at an average of about 15p per point. Dont know how many points that is but its been a very good week. About my 3rd best week it seem from looking at my records. One week I managed to somehow make £250 at them stakes (although I also lost about that amount one week aswell!!)

Attachments

• limit.JPG
    limit.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 183
market rallied 100 pips since I closed my short which im glad about.
However, I placed a limit order to short it again at 895.4. Went to have a shower and stuff and now see that it got within about 1 TICK of my order and then dropped 70 pips without me! :(
LOL..Cant win them all.

Sometimes being away from the screen helps me so much (like todays trade if im honest. I am not good at letting winners run when im at the screen) but on that occasion it cost me, as I would have shorted it anywhere in that area if I saw the price confirming my decision.

Anyways, have a nice weekend.,

Reactions: BSD
Yes that's it isn't it, every upside has it's corresponding downside, what you win doing one thing is what you lose choosing the alternative.

But doesn't matter really does it, that's just a cost of doing business as a trader.

Very well done again anyway bottom line which is all that ever counts.

Have a good weekend you too !

:)

Fairly quiet day for the journal.
Hadn't started my christmas shopping yet so went into town after work and didn't get back till arond 8pm which is when i started trading.

as the chart shows, I went long and added another long when it went against me by 30 pips. Usually as you have seen my stops are much tighter than this but I was VERY sure that we would bounce. In fact, I was so sure that if you look I even had a limit order in to buy ANOTHER one (blue square) However, if that had of got filled and it carried on dropping I would have changed my tune and would be looking to take a loss, but we started bouncing nice and strong from my 2nd entry. I didn't trade is brilliantly and averaged about 35 pips form them longs, but later bought it again twice for about 50pips, so overall about 85 pips today.

Attachments

• uiui.JPG
    uiui.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 164
2 nightmare occurances today.
1st one entirely my fault. The same thing as I posted about a few days ago. I put a limit order in to go long but forgot to put in a profit take assuming the order got hit. Turns out It was making 80 pips at one point whilst i was at work but by the time i came home it was back at break even! Dont know why i keep forgetting to put profit limits on them trades. I think its because it just seems unnatural to put in a profit take for a trade that hasn't even triggered yet. My brain cant cope with it!! :)

The other occurance is the usual thing of me putting in a limit order. The market comes to within 1 TICK of my entry and then flies up 70 pips in 3 minutes! The blue sqaures were the limit orders. They sure wouldn't be fiddling me would they? Not at my tiny stakes, surely. Has happened to me SO many times though.

Not to worry. Quiet day but Ive made about 40 ticks which is still not bad from a pips point of view I guess but means ive got some work to go to hit my money target tis week...

Attachments

• arrr.JPG
    arrr.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 170
no pretty pictures today im afraid.
In a nutshell was long since Christmas eve and closed that trade this morning (would liked to have done it sooner but my broker wasn't quoting the spx) for about 150 pips profit.
Then tried a few scalps and got stopped out. Then waited for a dip to buy which I closed a little while ago. Im up about 260 pips today. Weekly target this week was about £60 and im already up about £30 so looking ok so far.

Good day so far.
SPX: Them green dots are always good! :) (profit targets being hit)
I was holding 1 unit long over night which hit its target this morning.
I then tried a short Which im still holding. Tight stop as its going against my daily bias. I think we close up today (for fun, i say we close up 150 pips)

Cable:
Tried a long saclp which i closed for a 8 pip loss.
Tried again and closed it for 24 pips profit.

So far today im up about 90 pips profit.

Attachments

• trtr.JPG
    trtr.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 161
good trade on cable there for 48 pips. Was stopped out twice in a row for smallish losses before this one came good.

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 150
I think we close up today (for fun, i say we close up 150 pips)

Well, we are now up 150 pips. We'll see where we close, but i am all out now. Have only been longing today based on my earlier bias i gave.

just took another 34 pips from another cable trade.
Heres today cable chart showing all trades. Theres a few stop outs but overall I tihnk I took about 70 odd pips from cable today and and about 100 from the spx so up about 170 pips today.

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 941
another 22 pips profit from another cable trade:

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 264
my broker appears to have shut already, so no updates today.
I done a few little scalps and am up about 30 pips but thats it.
I guess everythings closed tomorrow but open Friday.

Im up nearly £80 this week (about 500 points) which exceeds my weekly target so it doesn't really matter that much i guess.

Been short the spx lots today which has worked out well. Also had a nice trad on cable. Im up around 200 pips today. Account is approacing £2300 from the intial £400 or so, still trading the 10p per point mainly (for now!!)

Attachments

• cable5.JPG
    cable5.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 648
here's the main trading today.
Overall im up about 160 pips today, mainly trading the spx as seen.
Bascially done for the week. £40 target has been exceeded and im actually currently up about £180! (although I actually had a losing week last week. about my 4th one since starting the experiment)

thinking about getting short Cable. currently at 1.5227. I can see 1.5100 in the not too distant future.

heres the spx for today:

Attachments

• trade.JPG
    trade.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 250
Doubt ill be able to trade today. Looks to be ANOTHER problem with ABNamro. As of late last night, there are no more price bars on any instruments, but the price quotes on the right hand page of the screen are updating.....?.....

Well...i thought that cable call was good, anyway! :cry::smart:

OK. Been at work all day but let off early a minute ago

Was long this morning. Closed some manually in my luinch break and Had a limit in to close me out for +30 pips on the rest which looks like it triggered just before the news whilst i was at work.

We then crashed, but I had a limit in to buy at 892.8 which triggered when I was at work. Closed half manually a minute ago for 30pips and letting the rest run for now. See what happens. 3rd best week this week I think, im up about £240 (approximately 1000 pips profit for the week!):)

Attachments

• spxxx.JPG
    spxxx.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 182
Quick 31 pips before heading to work this morning on cable

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 208