The Daily Index Trader

I'm now scrapping it. Ive used demo accounts, live accounts and have been forced back to demo with the new DIT and cant see this going anywhere to be honest. I was a tester before (6 months earlier) and did make some good money but this has now been handed back, all of it. Ive learned a valuable lesson fairly early on in my trading career and that is to never rely on anyone else to help make you money. I havent seen one single 'system' that is consistently profitable unless you are a vendor that is. I genuinely want to wish everyone good luck in their trading, i hope you make it and get what you want out of it. At the end of the day, we are all here to make some extra money. Ive been quiet on here for a few months, i was a champion of DIT because for the short while it was making me money. Now my trading account with DIT seems to be drifting sideways, which like DIT is no good. Im not looking for any other systems now, just plain hard work, finding a trading strategy that suits me and then sticking to it. Best wishes to all fellow DIT'ers. SRC

SRC

You are more fortunate than some of us in that you have just given back your profits. Some of us didnt make any profits off DIT - we just went straight into losses. I do agree with you though, anyone looking to make their fortune on the back of any of these systems for sale will, I believe, be extremely disappointed. Mr Market fluctuates too much for any one system to be profitable for any length of time.

Yep, we all at some time or other fall for that persuasive copywrite hype. However, the guarantees are watertight and I've never had any problem in getting the refunds. I see Richard Hill has brought out another system- the newsnight trader ,10minutes in an evening is all it takes. Keith Cotterill has got another, Fx 180 and then there's Autofocus FX from John Wheatland which to me seems the most promising -45 days trial with members area and regular webinars. So you've nothing to lose and maybe something to gain. Any queries email me [email protected]

Just to let people know about recent performance if you had started the day after the system was released on September 30th with £2500, 7.2% risk and the Enhanced Profits setting on the system spreadsheet (as used in the performance figures on the DIT website) you would now have lost all of your money.

I agree with steww75 - anyone who is tempted to buy this please dont. It may work in certain market conditions but it certainly is not working, and has not been working, for the past 3 months.

SC

You could try using the ftse/dow differential. Use a dummy a/c to show the diff; sell ftsex2 buy dow when diff approaches zero. Recently diff was +170 so sell 2x ftse ,buy dow

There have been comments in the past on here regarding the Martin Carter/Mark Rose identity crisis. Interestingly in the past when I have corresponded with Martin I have received emails back signed 'Martin Carter'. Today I sent an e-mail again to Martin (using one of his previous replies as my 'handle') saying I was returning the manual. I had a very efficient e-mail straight back confirming that my refund would be made on receipt of the manual but schizophrenically signed 'Mark Rose'.

Has the mask slipped? Is Norman Bates really his own mother? Or Hamlet his own father?

Martin Carter and I are very definitely not the same person, but what we do have is access to the same email address and this is what seems to have started this particular rumour.

If I know Martin is away, unable to respond to emails or if the question is regarding trials, refunds etc, then I have often fired off a quick answer rather than making the customer wait.

It looks in this case that I forgot to amend the from address to my own email address and this has caused the assumption we are one and the same person.

Understandable, but not correct.

Kind regards,

Mark Rose