The Daily Index Trader

I so agree with the last 2 posts.
My view is ......trade on.....set and forget.....and trust in the past year's performance

If in the private forum someone comes up with a different / better system.....Great, but don't try and adapt this one.

Thanks everyone. Glyn.

I did email Martin Carter to let him know about this forum and the application for a private forum. Whether he has visited or not I don't know.

He told me that he started studying this pair in 2007 with a view their suitability.

Hi SteveB . Thanks for the info. I will email Martin Carter and ask him if he has any views that would be encouraging about the pairs history, and if so will put the comments here.

PS success for me too today. Rich 3:clap:

Hi guys, I had another winner on the CAC today with my 8:45 strategy (as I cannot trade 9:15) so it seems to me the time period can be flexible, had a good run so far 4 wins 1 loss, I've got a week off work next week so will be able to trade the 9:15 time slot, lets see how my results differ!

Hi SteveBanks, just joined, please put me on the private forum list.

Have been using DIT since 24 Aug, mixed results but up overall

Hello from NZ Steve Banks..great forum this although like a few people I haven`t had a great start. I`m risking 2 % for now and I can trade this after work in my time zone. I set and forget, then check the trade (sometimes a little nervously) when I get home the next day. I am using compound interest and I think this system will work out nicely. Could you add me to the private forum when it goes live as I would like to benefit from all the Northern Hemisphere wisdom asap....!!

Regards to all...

The attached graph of the correlation in recent months between the CAC & DAX may be interesting.

Correlation is presently .959 - Highest would be 1.00.

Attachments

• DAX_CAC.jpg
    DAX_CAC.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Hi Levll - thats very insightful you can see the super close correlation August surely that must have counted towards DIT having some good results during that time...thanks for sharing. :)

The attached graph of the correlation in recent months between the CAC & DAX may be interesting.

Correlation is presently .959 - Highest would be 1.00.

Hi Levll
Great graph. Presumably it only shows up a decrease in correlation after the event - pity we haven't got a crystal ball! lol

Good luck everyone

M.

I've been using this since mid august so luckily I picked up the earlier winning run and am trading on profits although current bank growth reduced to 21% but still a load better than a deposit account. FYI Martin Carter (author of system) did advise that previous good trend was out of line with the long term results ie a short term good or bad blip will be out of line with the average. I think he said from the beginning of August success rate was 85%. Now since beginning August success rate is c79% so getting closer to the long term historical of c75%. So those who joined in late september have maybe just been damned unlucky.

For what its worth I like the system but there will always be spurts and blips with any trading methodology. I read some earlier comments today about maybe getting out at breakeven; concerned about some bars etc. I found in my early days (Jan 2010) that if I was on a trade for any amount if it moved against me I used to get fraught. It took six months plus to get rid of the emotion and if the system is robust then place and forget - walkaway from the computer (easier said than done I admit) for the sake of sanity.

Also if your worried about the loss ......... then question should you be trading and risking this money? and only you can answer that.

My opinion is that this system has the potential for long term growth as opposed to weekly/daily profits so I'd say keep the faith. BTW I have no connection at all with the system just lucky to get it a bit earlier.

Good to see the winner today Yeah

Hi Baldeagle,
I was not "worried about the loss" - just managing the trade -as suggested as a possibility by Martin on p54-58 of the trading manual.

This was only my second trade with this system - once my confidence builds then I may be able to "set and forget" but for the moment I am observing.

Good luck today everyone.
lin

Hello from NZ Steve Banks..great forum this although like a few people I haven`t had a great start. I`m risking 2 % for now and I can trade this after work in my time zone. I set and forget, then check the trade (sometimes a little nervously) when I get home the next day. I am using compound interest and I think this system will work out nicely. Could you add me to the private forum when it goes live as I would like to benefit from all the Northern Hemisphere wisdom asap....!!

Regards to all...

Welcome jonesrp,

you're on the list. Good luck (y)

A quick update. Trade2Win have one of the staff who deals with private forum applications on holiday. Hence a bit of a delay. But they hope to be able to give us an answer by the end of the week. Good luck today everyone.