The Daily Index Trader

All,

Trading here is inline with the www.systemsfortraders.com trading room which I visit, it's a private forum (password being a page number from the book, proof you have the strategy).

Just my two pennies worth.

All,

Trading here is inline with the www.systemsfortraders.com trading room which I visit, it's a private forum (password being a page number from the book, proof you have the strategy).

Just my two pennies worth.

Thanks wilczek,

but Trade2Win is a better laid out site and easier to read so we are making a private forum here. You're welcome to join us.

Did you get the winning trade today?:)

How is todays trade looking, I was still without the evaluator so couldnt get involved again today. Martin has now emailed me with a new one so should be back in the saddle again tomorrow albeit I have now lost all my data since the start and will now have to undergo another 2 weeks with the enhanced staking plan before it kicks in again. Has the trade done much this morning or is there still chance to get involved?

Hi Ian,

did you enter the trades after all or stay out?:)

I just phoned Gekko as my target was hit a while ago - my account suddenly showed DAX to be a winner.....fishy or what?

I just phoned Gekko as my target was hit a while ago - my account suddenly showed DAX to be a winner.....fishy or what?

I find that sometimes, if you haven't entered anything for a while, the platform stops reflecting updated information. So I refresh the page frequently as it used to happen to me. Gekko would have a record of market movements and so it's not a something they would try and get away with, so to speak.:)

Hi, I am Terry from Wiltshire, I am new to the posts, but I have followed them with some interest, I have also purchased the DIT system. I do struggle with some of the "emotional" stuff I have read here, because I seem to recall that when emotion creeps into this then any profits around fly out of the window. I share some of your concerns, particularly the risk/reward ratio, however I am sure that there might be something that can be bolted on or changed to salvage this plan.

Two thoughts come to mind:

1. What was going on in the market when the winners were around? Has it fundamentally changed since then? Was it in a longish term rising trend, so the system just worked? This might be worth looking at to see if the current conditions have changed at all, and so caused the higher incidence of losing bets.

2. I have read too, that the correlation is a possible answer to the problem. ie it only works when the markets are very closely correlated, and, of course there is some movement as well - enough to trigger both stops and leave you with some money. What occurs to my relatively uninformed trading mind, is to dump one of the indices and just trade on one of them. That way the correlation becomes perfect every time, and you are only looking for a bit of movement. Is it that simple? Or have I missed something here. I guess you would need two spread betting accounts to place the two separate bets, but, again, it might be worth looking at. I would value a few opinions. If it did work you could still trade both indices if you wanted to, placing two bets on each accounts. Have I trod on someones toes here, or does anyone think this might work?

Your thoughts would be most welcome. Terry

Hi Terry,

you're right about when emotion creeps in profits fly out the window. That's why I like DIT so much. It takes the emotion out of the trades completely. Just place the trades and let the market get on with it.

It's fool proof :)

Been out so now back and good not to have the computer with me - these damned forums can get addictive! Just read the observatiuon by Leonarda which he has commented on before but the jist is

1 why trade both instruments every day if there is no supporting reason for the trade
2 why not just trade one instrument on 2 different platform in opposite directions

I can't argue other than DIT is principally a set and forget system for those that want to trade it that way. As I'm between jobs and have some time during the day fundamentally I have to agree that blindly buying one index and selling the other just doubles the spread costs and reduces the reward to risk ratio.

Having said that DIT has served a purpose for me ......... it's got me thinking, researching and learning which can only be good for me and others if I find anything worthy of shareing. So I continue to welcome the comments and observations and with some lateral thought process I'd like to see a position where I only take 1 trade, a long or a short on an index. At present I'm looking at the FTSE, some Bollinger band ranges, a couple of MA crosses and some strenth indicators for entry. Looking good so far this week and back testing seems ok but bless me so did DIT!!

Will share with all on the back of slick marketing, high price and commissions from Geko on trades placed - that way when it stops working I'm still rich - Toungue in cheek. Have a good day

Hi Terry,

you're right about when emotion creeps in profits fly out the window. That's why I like DIT so much. It takes the emotion out of the trades completely. Just place the trades and let the market get on with it.

It's fool proof :)

There hasn't been much evidence here that DIT takes the emotion out of the trades. And how/why is it foolproof?

Been out so now back and good not to have the computer with me - these damned forums can get addictive! Just read the observatiuon by Leonarda which he has commented on before but the jist is

1 why trade both instruments every day if there is no supporting reason for the trade
2 why not just trade one instrument on 2 different platform in opposite directions

I can't argue other than DIT is principally a set and forget system for those that want to trade it that way. As I'm between jobs and have some time during the day fundamentally I have to agree that blindly buying one index and selling the other just doubles the spread costs and reduces the reward to risk ratio.

Having said that DIT has served a purpose for me ......... it's got me thinking, researching and learning which can only be good for me and others if I find anything worthy of shareing. So I continue to welcome the comments and observations and with some lateral thought process I'd like to see a position where I only take 1 trade, a long or a short on an index. At present I'm looking at the FTSE, some Bollinger band ranges, a couple of MA crosses and some strenth indicators for entry. Looking good so far this week and back testing seems ok but bless me so did DIT!!

Will share with all on the back of slick marketing, high price and commissions from Geko on trades placed - that way when it stops working I'm still rich - Toungue in cheek. Have a good day

you're on the right track...

Ok - any other pointers?:D

bollinger band, MA crossovers, and RSI are all excellent places to start, and to be honest there's no right answer, just your own discovery is best. But other good areas are stochastic crossover's, and also pivot point analysis can be really good intra-day.

There have been comments in the past on here regarding the Martin Carter/Mark Rose identity crisis. Interestingly in the past when I have corresponded with Martin I have received emails back signed 'Martin Carter'. Today I sent an e-mail again to Martin (using one of his previous replies as my 'handle') saying I was returning the manual. I had a very efficient e-mail straight back confirming that my refund would be made on receipt of the manual but schizophrenically signed 'Mark Rose'.

Has the mask slipped? Is Norman Bates really his own mother? Or Hamlet his own father?

Doesn't that count as 'misrepresentation'?

bollinger band, MA crossovers, and RSI are all excellent places to start, and to be honest there's no right answer, just your own discovery is best. But other good areas are stochastic crossover's, and also pivot point analysis can be really good intra-day.

Cheers - the only one not on my chart is pivot point which I admit I know sod all about ..... so add to my learning list. Leonarda great help thanks and IMHO this is what is good about forums:clap: