The biggest 'Maverick' trade youve ever pulled off?

phoenix25140

We all hear about money management eg. only risk 1-2 % of your capital each trade etc. I agree these rules are vital for keeping you in the game.

My question to everyone is what is the biggest, riskiest trade you've ever pulled off. Total profit, entry points, diagrams.

....when i decided not to trade STIRs on a ridiculously choppy, hugely volatile NFP day a few years ago.

i dont think many ppl, if they have risked a large chunk of their account on 1 trade, will be too forthcoming about it regardless if it made loadsa money....for obvious (to me) reasons, besides being a terrible example to a newbie.

Last edited:
....when i decided not to trade STIRs on a ridiculously choppy, hugely volatile NFP day a few years ago.

i dont think many ppl, if they have risked a large chunk of their account on 1 trade, will be too forthcoming about it regardless if it made loadsa money....for obvious (to me) reasons.

My biggest trough to peak wins all involve holding onto enormous discretionary losers until they become green again.

Now that is how the pros trade.

My biggest trough to peak wins all involve holding onto enormous discretionary losers until they become green again.

Now that is how the pros trade.

yes, see jpmorgan whale trade for a great example! we only ever hear about the truly disastrous ones, & this one took about a year to come out.

thats why i trade fx - it always comes back eventually. i am still long cable @ 2.10.

yes, see jpmorgan whale trade for a great example! we only ever hear about the truly disastrous ones, & this one took about a year to come out.

thats why i trade fx - it always comes back eventually. i am still long cable @ 2.10.

Reminds me of deadbroke here, wonder if he's still short EU @12500 :cheesy: