Best Thread The Arcade Traders "Pit Stories" Thread

This isn't first hand (and what goes on tour...???)

A lil joke that went on @ equities floors;

Traders/MM's would pick a sales guy,

Trader #1 walks over to sales, asks him about moving something or other, tits and 8rse, etc....

meanwhile, trader #2 would get a bottle of coke (not the columbian variety), and put in a stackload of "solpadeine"or Alka Seltzer in the bottle, then tighten the lid up hard. While salesman is distracted, trader #2 puts it under his desk, then they both retire to a safe distance.

Traders #1, #2, and most of the immediate floor, watch salesman sh!t himself on the telephone to a customer as the bottle pops by his feet.

DB,

Is he the fat guy with a beard who was on LTOM in the Stock Exchange?

Grant.

DB,

Is he the fat guy with a beard who was on LTOM in the Stock Exchange?

Grant.

Yup (one of them anyway), Tullets head of floor after Nick Levine. Eventially became a bsd in the Liffe ftse pit.

P1ssed out of his head after an Xmas party, his train only goes as far as Chelmsford, he lives the next stop up iyswim. Cab rank rammed, facing a long walk home, he decides that the quickest way is straight up the train track.

Off he goes.

He doesn't hear a train coming from behind him, looks round at the last minute, falls down on the track flat on his face hugging dirt, train goes over him and he crawls up between the engine and the first carrige.

Iirc, it was in the Sun the next day (one of the red-tops anyway)

Hence the name "Fat Controller"

Alledgedly.

Last edited:
Yup (one of them anyway), Tullets head of floor after Nick Levine. Eventially became a bsd in the Liffe ftse pit.

P1ssed out of his head after an Xmas party, his train only goes as far as Chelmsford, he lives the next stop up iyswim. Cab rank rammed, facing a long walk home, he decides that the quickest way is straight up the train track.

Off he goes.

He doesn't hear a train coming from behind him, looks round at the last minute, falls down on the track flat on his face hugging dirt, train goes over him and he crawls up between the engine and the first carrige.

Iirc, it was in the Sun the next day (one of the red-tops anyway)

Hence the name "Fat Controller"

Alledgedly.
Like many good stories we should not let the truth get in the way but this one was actually stated incorrect and the truth is much much better...

Mr. Roberts actually fell asleep between the tracks as he was very very drunk, the train did go over the top and yes it was in the paper but I am sure you will all agree sleeping between the lines was not something he ever lived down...

Whilst I'd love to start the stories off, its hard for me to tell stories on how a senior bund broker for Refco was walking around The Grand Hotel in Brighton naked whilst high as a kite after sitting in his room with another male broker whilst both in their underpants...stewards enquiry? But I really cant begin to tell stories like this on here!!! ;)

Slingapore, you'll probably get this link from every Refco person still speak too!

BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Prostitute shame ex-JP pays £120k

For those who don't know him........Mike Lee was the money man for the Refco liffe floor team. No 2 to bunker and Dick.

Does anyone remember Bruce from MAN. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Was seen ordering a coffee from the new machines in the lounge by standing up against it and repeatedly saying " coffee with milk and two sugars".

Reactions: BSD
I also have another not so fond memory. I was working in the sterling pit for FIMAT. My partner at the time who will remain nameless but was the fattest bloke on the floor( you will remember him) was standing front of me. The market was hugely busy and coiming into the close we had your amount of spreads and butterflys. D dropped down one step and screamed "RED DEC" and all of a sudden went quiet. " Come on, they're offered, get on with it" I shouted. D turned around , looked at me rather sheepishly and half whispered" I've got to go, I've s**t myself" and waddled off towards the toilet. Watching a 27 stone man soil himself strangely is one of my favourite memories.

Pit Hand Signals - gone but not forgotten (well maybe some have been forgoten but here is Graham with a quick reminder).

The website was developed by an American CME trader who clearly has too much time on his hands (pardon the pun)

thought I'd open with one of my all time favourite hand sginals, it's the one for IBJ who are no longer around (merged many moons ago) but still a classic. Also look out for Deutsche Bank, quality days!

Trading Pit History

LIFFE wanted to fine me £20k for kicking a coke can out of the BOR pit, the can was full and un-opened, the guys behind me were trying to burst the thing open and I turned around to leave the pit, told them all to stand back and kicked it, it was meant to hit the empty booth in front of me, instead it launched up into the Lehman’s BOR booth just as the phone broker ducked (Arwin), hit the booth wall behind him and exploded. I just stood there, pit officials come over and asked who did it, just as I go to say it was me, everyone says stenda, he was out to lunch at the time, anyway big tony went to the video room watched the tape and came back laughing his head of and pulled me out of the pit, so LIFFE wanted to fine me £20k which they dropped to £2k and then finally fined me £200.

very funny

LIFFE wanted to fine me £20k for kicking a coke can out of the BOR pit, the can was full and un-opened, the guys behind me were trying to burst the thing open and I turned around to leave the pit, told them all to stand back and kicked it, it was meant to hit the empty booth in front of me, instead it launched up into the Lehman’s BOR booth just as the phone broker ducked (Arwin), hit the booth wall behind him and exploded. I just stood there, pit officials come over and asked who did it, just as I go to say it was me, everyone says stenda, he was out to lunch at the time, anyway big tony went to the video room watched the tape and came back laughing his head of and pulled me out of the pit, so LIFFE wanted to fine me £20k which they dropped to £2k and then finally fined me £200.

very funny
You know Arwin?

any LIFFE bor traders should remember this one.

after a heavy lunch, stenda comes back a little worse for wear and foaming at the mouth, mamoo starts an argument with him knowing he is worse for wear, stenda bites and whilst arguing all the guys around him start to hit him on the back of the head and pull at his hair from behind, by now he is going mad, so he runs out the back(builder out there doing some work) we think he is coming back with a hammer or something, but he comes back with a huge broom and tries to bring it into the pit to hit mamoo but stumbles all over the place, the whole pit is in stitches and the pit officials take him of for a chat.

O stenda