The "1 PIP" Challenge

Bullish75

Hi All,

Okay, hands up who is sick of reading about 100 pip a day strategies or even 20 pip a day strategies:clap: They are fine unless you run out of capital trading it.

i want to see if the scalping and intraday community can rise to the 1 pip challenge. Probably sounds easy to some while others are saying "it's as easy to get 10 pips as 1 pip". Well, people don't realise the power of just one pip. If i showed you a way to get just 1 pip every time and 9 others done the same then that is 10 pips a day every day, not bad when you compound your capital right? If you can pull 1 pip out of a strategy then it is worth it. Okay, some parameters. No point in a strategy that takes all day to deliver 1 pip, we would all starve. So, you have to come up with a way to get 1 pip evry time at roughly the same time everday so we can all tune in. Then hopefully we can fill in the time slots as we go.

I have several that i will share if this gets going. Try keep it simple folks, the less indicators the better (don't want to waste time setting them all up for 1 pip)

Impossible to guarantee 1 pip profit on every trade.

If you have several, why not kick the thread off with one of them?

Cheers.

A losing strategy if I ever saw one. How can you guarantee when you hit the sell button (or buy) that your 1 pip profit doesn't turn instantly into 0 or -1 pips in the instant you click.

Also you are trading a strat that has a profit factor of less than 1 as your losers will ALWAYS be greater than your winners. That means you need to get a very high percentage of them right.

Guys,

i knew the veterans would jump all over this. For a start i never mentioned anything about guarantees. The purpose of this exercise was to see if anyone had a 1 pip strategy that worked for them consistently. Don't take it so seriously guys, lets see if anything of any merit appears. If you can master the one pip then others follow.

And to Hoggums. You are absolutely correct that a 1 pip strategy is a loser but if any trade cannot make at least 1 pip then it is a loser, correct?

So its a high probability trade i'm after, not a guarantee trade. We all know there is no such thing as a guaranteed trade. Also you say, "That means you need to get a very high percentage of them right" correct again, which is the whole point.

Maybe some of the newbies see something that we no longer see. Speak up Guys!!!

We're just trying to save members the time o reading this thread, as a 1 pip reward requiring a minimum of lets say 4 pips maximum stop loss, would require virtually a 100% success rate to turn over any profit.
Therefore we pounce with good reason, with members best interests in thought!

We're just trying to save members the time o reading this thread, as a 1 pip reward requiring a minimum of lets say 4 pips maximum stop loss, would require virtually a 100% success rate to turn over any profit.
Therefore we pounce with good reason, with members best interests in thought!

Fair enough JT, didn't intend wasting anyones time. Just trying to have a little bit of "back and forth" on bringing it back to basics and having some fun along the way. Wasn't claiming to have found the grail or anything. I'll go no further with it so......

P.S. Mastering the 1 pip trade is a building block, not a solid strategy, it may have become one though.

Direct market access.

Be bid and offer of STIR front months in the last month before expiry. Right on the market. Works most of the time. Don't do this with March 08 Sterling a few months ago.

1 pip is stupid? You don't sound like a scalper to me. I make 10 to 15 pips everyday. Look, my point has been lost amongst the Ego's. If you cannot make 1 pip then you cannot make any. Let it go. When did forums stop being fun?

1 pip is stupid? You don't sound like a scalper to me. I make 10 to 15 pips everyday. Look, my point has been lost amongst the Ego's. If you cannot make 1 pip then you cannot make any. Let it go. When did forums stop being fun?

Your ego sounds like the hardest hit!
:|

Direct market access.

Be bid and offer of STIR front months in the last month before expiry. Right on the market. Works most of the time. Don't do this with March 08 Sterling a few months ago.

Thanks for the participation A, thats a good one. The fun has been sucked out of it though

Your ego sounds like the hardest hit!
:|

Yep, you're absolutely correct JT. I'm gutted at the assault. Just wanted to have a little bit of fun is all and learn some tricks along the way. I hope this doesn't put anyone new to the forum off from participating for fear of extreme ridicule from senior members.

although 1 pip can be a viable strategy as pointed out by arabian i dont think its something that can be flagged up and implemented via a bb. 10 pips would make a lot more sense

Reactions: BSD
Yep, you're absolutely correct JT. I'm gutted at the assault. Just wanted to have a little bit of fun is all and learn some tricks along the way. I hope this doesn't put anyone new to the forum off from participating for fear of extreme ridicule from senior members.

I think you are over-reacting. Perhaps U R being a tad over-sensitive. The constructive criticism was well justified as the explanations showed. Perhaps u just don't like to be made to seem like a non-expert.

although 1 pip can be a viable strategy as pointed out by arabian i dont think its something that can be flagged up and implemented via a bb. 10 pips would make a lot more sense

thanks tightstops,

How about 10 pips then, lets do that so

thanks tightstops,

How about 10 pips then, lets do that so

Go & read TheRumbledOne's buyzone thread, then you may recognise the difficulties of being a winner with any strat with an equal R:R ratio without a VERY high % of winners.

I think you are over-reacting. Perhaps U R being a tad over-sensitive. The constructive criticism was well justified as the explanations showed. Perhaps u just don't like to be made to seem like a non-expert.

JT, perhaps i am being over sensitive. I have read many of your contributions to threads on this site and i have nothing but respect for you. Maybe thats why it hit a nerve. Don't want to fall out with anyone, just trying to keep on keepin' on.

I'm certainly no expert but i do make my living quite comfortably from trading.
Good luck to you all.