Test Post - IP address issues

Purple Brain

Experienced member
Keep getting IP address issues either when logging in or if able to log in, when posting.

Seems OK this time.

Is there any way the support staff could post the entry I made on the Gold 2013 thread earlier this morning? I haven't got the energy or memory to re-post the content that was lost. Thanks. PB

I have used the same security bundle provided by my ISP since joining t2w so I don't think that can be it.

Interesting. Depending on which IP address my browser brings me to this site I either gain access, or I don’t. Has t2w recently adopted this position with regard to TOR browsers? I can’t think of any legitimate basis under which a website could possibly object to its members safeguarding their privacy and security.

The only basis under which this could make sense is:-

1. T2w uses members personal and private data and/or access to such data for their own purposes and/or
2. T2w provides such information and/or access to 3rd party vendors on a commercial basis.

I would hope neither of the above statements reflect the reality of the situation and I have simply not understood the apparent discrimination t2w now appears to operate with regard to its members' decisions to protect their privacy and security while on-line.

Perhaps someone from the t2w staff can outline the reasons for their position as I admit to be a little green in these matters.

The key issue for us is multiple registrants especially spammers with fake IP addresses although there is no specific reason why you may have an issue unless you are trying to log in from an IP address that has been banned.

The key issue for us is multiple registrants especially spammers with fake IP addresses although there is no specific reason why you may have an issue unless you are trying to log in from an IP address that has been banned.
That makes sense. Stupid of me not to have realised that angle. I have no control over which IP addresses I am assigned so can probably expect further IP address issues if I have understood you correctly.

Can I take it that I'm not contravening any site guidelines in choosing to utilise this facility for the bona fide purposes of protecting my privacy and security?

If you PM me your IP I can take a look.
I wish I could. All I get is an invalid IP address message and then thrown off the site. No opportunity to interact in any way.

How can I tell what my IP address is?

Spammers/Banned members use the TOR network to work around the bans, So whichever TOR server you are connected to has already been banned.

If you open up your TOR control panel and click "new identity" then you should be ok.

Obviously as more TOR servers get banned, the less it will start to work.

PB, I apologize if you took offence as it was not my intention. Simply, you were having issues related to TOR servers/browser and the article stated a server was shutdown (regardless of the reason). I thought this might be relevant. In no way was I attempting to link the other filth in that article to you or t2w. I had no idea what a tor server or browser was so I googled it to find out and that article came up.

Once again I apologize. I felt my post was in the best interests of the thread topic but obviously it was poorly constructed.

Peter