TerryS's Blog

Thursday 28 April

I bought 200 CTSH @ 42.51 (stop 41.65)
I am fighting emotions on this one. The market looks weak but trade what I see not what I think.

Friday 29 April

CTSH trade was stopped out @ 41.53, -$198
I bought 200 TRI @ 50.40 and it ended at 51.25. I will exit this position on Monday at the close .

Portfolio update, +$81.
Reflections: After being down almost $1000, my account has recovered to basically breakeven. I am still in the game through money management rules and sticking with them. This has been a difficult time in the market and I am not the only trader who is struggling such a volatile, nontrending (If anything down trending) market. We could be at a turning point soon, so survival is key at the moment. It is important that I stick to the rules of my system and trade what I see and not what I believe.. Many times the hardest trades to take are the most profitable. I had trouble entering TRI today as I believed that market was going down, still I took the entry when the alert on my software flashed, and then after being down, the market turned and took TRI with it. I don't know what will happen on Monday, it may follow through or reverse again. I don't need to know, I know what I can control which is my reaction. I have a stop in place and if I get stopped out so what, it will just be one trade in the many hundreds I will make over the next year.

Thursday 5 April

TRI trade closed @ 50.46, +$10
On 2/5/05 I bought 100 MON @ 58.90 and exited at the end of the day $59, +$8

Today I bought 100 VLO @ $67.25 for a 2 day hold.

I seem to be treading water at the moment, not making much progress. Patience, keep taking the trades, I must be in the market to let probability to work for me.

Sunday 8 May

VLO trade closed @ 67.75, +$48
MON entered @ $60.05, ended the day at 60.64, +$57.

Portfolio update, +$36.
Still churning my account waiting for better market conditions.

Tuesday 10 May

MON trade closed @ 61.38, +$131

No new trades were triggered yesterday. I'll see what happens today. Fighting the urge to jump in without a valid reason.
Portfolio update, +$110