TECH ANALYSIS: TIMEFRAMES please help

Jack Francisco

85 1
If you are asking chart time frames, then you need to 1st answer the question what kind of trading do you like - swing trading or day trading.

Remember both are very distinct trading style.

Once you know the kind of trading style you like, then you need to decide the amount of time you can spend each day. If you have only limited number of hours each day to trade, then trading on 4 hr or daily chart is more applicable to you.

If you like day trading, then go with 15 min charts or 30 min chart..

I won't recommend you to trade on 5 min or 1 min chart as the technical analysis is not that accurate on such timeframes.

FringFX

244 6
My question is simple, I have been browsing charts for 1 minute/5 minute/hourly and daily. All 4 have different trends, they have different support/resistance lines, they have different reversal patterns and indicators.

How can I effectively place trades on ONE chart when I know the other chart is indicating the opposite??!? I am at a complete loss because from my standpoint no matter which way I choose I am screwed.
try to concentrate on one chart - a higher timeframe chart. choose from one hour to daily chart. make sure to keep a good eye on the trends and support/resistance on the upper timeframes (daily, weekly , monthly) because the latter's trend and s-r will prevail.