TDs Journal

What can ya do, Tom? Rep'd for making money, rep'd for losing it :LOL: Maybe you should attempt indifference? :smart:

Reactions: BSD
Hi TD,

I wouldnt feel too bad:

1) Youve made about 400 % profit!
2) Donated some cash to charity!
3) You probably had a good time and felt great doing it!
4) Yeeeeeehaaaa!

There isnt really much in the way of 'badness' in there !!!!!!!!!! (y)

On the losing; one man (you) of 6 billion on the planet, lost some money he made - so the world hasnt changed much, then. Have a good break :)

cant believe TD is a mere mortal, just like the rest of us!

dont worry, TD. believe it or not, the fact you make mistakes and take losses, and are still in the game, should be far more reassuring to newbies and experienced traders than the ones who swagger onto T2W saying how they are so clever that they never have losses.

I can relate to taking a knock to the confidence. but you just have to keep playing, dont you?

Not sure I agree with you there trendie.

I was a bit shocked when I found TD was long on the DOW. :-0

In fact I got so shaken when I read TD's mail about his losing trade I coudn't trade for a full day :(

A bit of an over-emotional attachment after reading his threads for so long I guess!

But I'll get over it soon.

£40 to £1600 !! good going !!

just goes to show how important the 1st few trades are. if you get them right then you boost your account immediately. get them wrong though and wipeout !

I don't usually trade by hand as I invariably get caught up in the emotions of success (or failure).

Last Friday I decided to hand trade for the first time in 3 years. I opened up an account with FXCM with an initial balance of $500. After 6 hours of trading (about 40 trades) my balance was over $15k.

A half hour later my balance was back down to $700. Withdrew the original $500, and then drove the remainding $200 into the ground with multiple margin calls.

Now I'm trading a game account at Oanda to see if there was anything to the streak I had. So far, all I can say is that I'm very glad I'm not using real money.

£40 to £1600 !! good going !!

just goes to show how important the 1st few trades are. if you get them right then you boost your account immediately. get them wrong though and wipeout !

The 1st few trades should not be any more important than the 10th or 11th trades, as you should always have enough capital to take at least 20 losses in a row, giving you a 5% equity risk per trade which is still pretty high. TD's journal here was based on £40 he was willing to lose on the first trade as an experiment almost, it was not his main trading account.

The 1st few trades should not be any more important than the 10th or 11th trades, as you should always have enough capital to take at least 20 losses in a row, giving you a 5% equity risk per trade which is still pretty high. TD's journal here was based on £40 he was willing to lose on the first trade as an experiment almost, it was not his main trading account.

why did this thread stop. did he just stop the account ?:?:

I received a £70 bonus from my SB company after recommending them on - something that I do not because I want the money - rather I genuinely think they are good.

At any rate, not long after this came in, almost the same amount came out when I got stopped on a Euro/Jpy trade.

I took the Euro/Jpy long after a brief test of a very weak s/r pivot zone on the weekly. This was a poor setup and something I would never normally have even thought twice about. Still, I did it and it cost me £63 pretty quickly.

Hi Dante, what SB company is this?
Thanks