tdameritrade refuses to wire to Thailand

expatdude

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping someone here can help.

As the title of this thread indicates, tdameritrade has refused to wire money from my account with them to my bank account in Thailand at Bangkok Bank--which by the way has a branch in New York.

A search on Google turned up this thread about a similar problem transferring funds to Austria, so I joined this forum hoping someone could help.

Further background: In 2011 I received a wire transfer from them to exactly the same account in Thailand with no problem--though I had to send them an International Wire Transfer Request by fax. This time, I spend about an hour on the phone with them getting information to do a similar transfer and sent another International Wire Transfer Request as per their request! and it was only after jumping through all those hoops that they refused to send the money saying they no longer send money to Thailand.

I'm just at a loss as to what to do now. If anyone has any experience in such matters or useful suggestions, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

What does the account T&C say. If they are in breach of the T&C point this out to them, failing that if they are regulated go to the regulator.