TD Direct Investing: ThinkorSwim?!

freddel

I'm thinking to open an account with them, in Europe, via either TD Direct UK or Luxembourg but their platform really sucks... it's more like an online bank account...
Now that TD Direct's a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade I guess that they will upgrade and offer the platform Thinkorswim... But do you have any clue how will it take to integer their business?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

PS:i've tried to reach them but it seems to be top secret

Hi again,

It seems that it will take a while...
Do you think that it possible to open an account with the parent company TD Ameritrade in the US if i live in Europe?
I've reached their call centre and the told me that it wasn't possible.. but i'm also pretty sure that i've read that some European have accounts with them...

Hi, TD Investing use Saxo Bank platform.

[

QUOTE=freddel;2142662]Hi again,

It seems that it will take a while...
Do you think that it possible to open an account with the parent company TD Ameritrade in the US if i live in Europe?
I've reached their call centre and the told me that it wasn't possible.. but i'm also pretty sure that i've read that some European have accounts with them...[/QUOTE]

Hi, TD is the broker, the platform they use is proprietary to Saxo Bank. As a TD customer you have nothing to do with Saxo other than use the derivatives client. There is no online banking.
Sorry if I haven't explained it well. When you have opened an account you down load the client either in Windows or as an app for IOS and probably Android as well. I presume regardless of which provider you go with you would do something similar.

I know but and I wouldn't call that a broker... but more an online bank...