Support/Resistance/watch

zippy

40 0
Martin

Thanks for your interpretation. I am not very confident with triangles, wedges and mathematical workouts of chart formations. Are you able to take me a stage further please?

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Find attached a classic triangle breakout chart for SOF ( Somerfield). The price forms a Low at the "Mouth" of the triangle.The price then bounces up and down between support ( rising line) and the "Base"- which is a straight line.There should be at least two excursions to the limits in both directions to form the "Wedge". The target price is calculated as Base + ( Base-Mouth). This is true for and price and slope of support.This gives a "breakout target price" of 112p.It is not usual for the price to break the base line after breakout, as it did in this case.The breakout occurs approximately 60-75% of the wedge's length- from the Mouth to the point where Support touches the Base Line. In real time OED, you will not know where this point is- you will have to guess it! Ideal entry point would have been between the 20th and 30th April. My son got in on the 11th at 89p- a tad early, and a bit on the "gamble" side.but it's paid off nicely.
Other examples are BAY,SN#,GAW.MGGT
HAS, HSBC, IBT,SGE,TBI are in the process of forming...

Hope this helps.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Forgot the chart...

Attachments

• sof breakout.gif
    sof breakout.gif
    14 KB · Views: 191

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Yes Zippy nice bull wedge too. It's in my "hot list".
BASS too , but LONG term wedge going back to Dec 99

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock