Suggest a mobile platform

Zyker

I have been trading a breakout system on FX and CFD markets on an EOD basis for a good while now, and am slowly making the transition to also executing trades intraday. I would like your input on what the best mobile platform for this would be.

I have a day job, so I cannot monitor the markets all day. A realistic goal for me would be to be able to monitor one liquid and sufficiently volatile market on the hourly time frame. I have to do this through my Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone, which, based on preliminary investigations, seems to be up to it.

Ideally I am looking for the following features from the broker/platform:
- Constantly competitive spread one major market, e.g. EURUSD, without significant slippage or requote issues
- Price alerts integrated into the mobile platform
- Ability to execute stop entry orders with attached stop loss orders
- Ability to execute market entry orders with attached stop loss orders
- Android OS support
- Rapid charts (note that I do not need any indicators but charts that can be easily panned, zoomed and occasionally augmented with a horizontal trendline or two)

I have accounts at many of the well-known shops (IG, ETX, Oanda, ProSpreads, GFT) but none of these seems to cater for the above needs. Alpari with MT4 mobile might be an option, but I did not see any alerts feature there.

I would appreciate any guidance that you can provide.

Not a bad suggestion at all - thanks! It is just that I am somewhat wary of all remote desktop applications for trading, let alone those having you operate the desktop platform through a small touchscreen pad.

After some more research I found out that you can actually invoke push notifications from a desktop MT4 to the Android device: How to set up push notifications in MT4 Mobile (Android and iPhone)

Even though the alerts would then be reliant on the desktop computer's network connectivity etc, I think that would be the best solution to my needs. If you have more suggestions, then I am all ears.

Thanks again.

the best one I have tried is Tradeinterceptor, very nice, it doesnt seem to be anything better out there yet as far as I know, they are a bit thin on the brokerside but maybe they will improve. Google it

the best one I have tried is Tradeinterceptor, very nice, it doesnt seem to be anything better out there yet as far as I know, they are a bit thin on the brokerside but maybe they will improve. Google it

Thanks so much cb. Based on a brief 30 minute evaluation, I agree that this has to be the best platform I've seen for retail FX trading - the desktop application is kind of a mixture between Interactive Brokers' TWS and Amibroker. Further, the mobile platform seems to have all the features I needed, and it runs very smoothly on my phone.

Do you know how them being an introducing broker affect the underlying spread on, say, EUR/USD? Also, I noticed that they only provide about one month of historical data on the demo account. I do hope they provide more historical data on live accounts.

Best,

Thanks so much cb. Based on a brief 30 minute evaluation, I agree that this has to be the best platform I've seen for retail FX trading - the desktop application is kind of a mixture between Interactive Brokers' TWS and Amibroker. Further, the mobile platform seems to have all the features I needed, and it runs very smoothly on my phone.

Do you know how them being an introducing broker affect the underlying spread on, say, EUR/USD? Also, I noticed that they only provide about one month of historical data on the demo account. I do hope they provide more historical data on live accounts.

Best,

no Tradeinterceptor don't provide any own data feed or historical data as far as I know, they only provide the software and are using some brokers feed for demoing I would think, so your spread will be dependent on the broker you sign up with using them as IB, do your homework on which one of their listed brokers have the best spread if tight spreads is what you need, you can open demos with all of their brokers, if it's not possible to do that with Tradeinterceptor, you could just download the different brokers MT4 platforms and have a look, just remember it's more to look for with a broker than just the spread, such as regulation, stability etc.
I really doubt Tradeinterceptor get any piece of the spread, that is intirely on the brokers side, so I doubt they will affect the spread in any way, they probably get a healthy fee if they can get you to sign up with one of them. I dont use Tradeinterceptor my self, unfortunately I already had an acount with all of their brokers, so I couldnt use them as IB, I found them too expencive to use otherwice, as if I would use their software together with my curent broker which is not even on their list, then they told me I had to pay an extra fee for every trade, I keep hoping they would add some more brokers there, I don't know how large historical database you can download, but you should be able to change that in the settings, I would believe they are just keeping it small for fast download.

Last edited: