Sugar price is going lower

BREND

Falling oil price simply means that demand for alternative energy like sugar will be lowered. Rising US dollar is going to push down commodities prices including sugar.

According to CFTC data last week, hedge funds had decreased their long position in sugar futures. Net long positions fell by 5147 contracts, or 4% from a week earlier.

Parabolic had signal sell on the daily chart.
30min chart shows that sugar price is trending lower.
(Chart can be found in my website)

Shorted Sugar Nov 08 at 13.92
Stop level at 14.50
Target at 13.00
Value of 1 point is US$1,120

Falling oil price has pulled sugar price lower. Sugar price had fallen to 13.61,unrealised profit is US$347.20.

Many people over here trading sugar?
I was considering begin to trade it.

Liffe contracts (white sugar, raw sugar) or better ICE contracts (sugar #11, sugar #14)??
Maybe #11 is the most liquid contract, right?

D'you think it is a good market for daytrading?

Anyone on it? :)

Many people over here trading sugar?
I was considering begin to trade it.

Liffe contracts (white sugar, raw sugar) or better ICE contracts (sugar #11, sugar #14)??
Maybe #11 is the most liquid contract, right?

D'you think it is a good market for daytrading?

Anyone on it? :)

Sugar#11 i think most liquid.
If your trading soon mini crash due. Completely overbought due to weather and perceived demand. But all commodities will crash when the dollar takes off again. I'm expecting a 30% fall in sugar. can happen anytime in the next 2 weeks. be ready you will not be disapointed

Sugar#11 i think most liquid.
If your trading soon mini crash due. Completely overbought due to weather and perceived demand. But all commodities will crash when the dollar takes off again. I'm expecting a 30% fall in sugar. can happen anytime in the next 2 weeks. be ready you will not be disapointed

I wouldnt except a fall any time soon, only just last week its come out that we are seeing severe drough on the sugarcane crop in brazil and then the other end of the spectrum in india we are seeing monsoon season which is of course affecting the crop. Even countries that are allowing importation of the raw sugar and processing there and then isnt pushing the price down so i wouldnt look to the sell side at all right now.

I'll take a look on #11 futures.
If i take the plunge I'll let you know.

But all commodities will crash when the dollar takes off again.

I think there will be a very long wait till that happens........ a decade at least in my opinion. The fed and bank of England have been creating money a fast as they can to bail out the banks (and maybe to make it easier to pay off our national debt?) .......we will soon have hyper-inflation and there will be a big bull in commodities. Of course I could be wrong

Last edited: