stupid questions about bonds

hedron

I have a few bonds from the 70s, I'm wondering where I go to sell them? I'm pretty certain they have matured, I checked on that treasury.gov website or whatever the site is. Also, do I get to keep the physical paper?

If they have matured, you can't sell them. As to the physical paper, if they have matured, you can do whatever you wish with it.

So, they're worthless? I mean, I can't go to the store and buy a cup of coffee with them.

Please tell me exactly what the bonds are. I will be able to point you in the right dircetion.

surely you would know if they had matured as you would have redeemed your initial investment..

Oh .. Sorry. They are US Treasury bonds. I thought that was obvious because I referred to treasury.gov. I'm thinking it might just be as easy as going to my local TD Bank or Chase and cashing them there. I suppose I'll call and ask.

How would I know if they are collectors items? I'll check ebay if I can see some of similar mintage, but that's as far as my idea goes. ... Yea, I don't see anything there remotely resembling the bonds I have.

for ebay, only option is to have a try. As no one do this, you can be the first one to have a try. Hope you can earn something there.

I think, the readers who visit this forum will get many information about trading, bounds and so on. And for the traders who called as the experienced trader, sharing your experience for others so they will be also become a trader. Trading will be the best in the future.

If they are treasury bonds from the 70s then they would have matured hence the only option now would be to go to your local bank and cash it in. It is pointless holding onto it unless it has either a) sentimental value (and looks good on your mantlepiece) or b) is very rare.