Strange goings on with marketmaker!

hey guys.

Last week (June 2nd).... I was trading around 2pm..... and I was stopped out by a spike while going short on the Dow Jones Industrial.....

I then had a power cut after my trade ended..... 5 mins after approx,.

Upon restartin the client.. the data was different on my chars than what I saw while being in a live trade. I remember the prices because I was following them but the same prices were not there when checking back again. :(

Anyone experienced anything similar with CMC?

Carl , could u give me the detailed position by quote and time i want to check it out , and about their P/L mistake it happened with me from the first day at CMC but then i ignore it , i calculate it by myself .

I could but it would take too long............. it was a discrepency i happened to spot because i restarted the client from a power cut. I have an idea.

Run two cmc accounts. I know a few guys who trade with cmc... we can then compare charts....

and finspreads have their prices way off than cmc.... CMC characteristics..

lower price spikes in bear direction...
Lower highs when bullish. But overall.... same thing pretty much.

CMCs prices are a more hectic than finspreads prices. CMCs never move in an orderly fashion which is why scalping is very hard. They like to go back a few points and constantly spike prices to try to hit peoples stops.... since i trade with 2% of my capital or less...

I trade with less overall... and that way i can afford larger stops... the last 3 trades have profitted with this.... I was trading at £1 a point but it's good trading that counts....

and why do people keep calling me Carl? lol... it's Carlos!!!!

and finspreads have their prices way off than cmc.... CMC characteristics..

If that is the case then why not arbitrage trade them against each other ?

Paul

If that is the case then why not arbitrage trade them against each other ?

Paul
Yes I agree, why not? It would be very easy money, ha ha! No really Carlos, I think you are way out. You have not been long in this game, so it is understandable. But to keep posting this kind of differences in quotes without any kind of proof is not doing you any good. This is not directed at you Trader333.

I just placed a trade... and the stop was hit before the price reached my stop.

I placed my stop at 44 and it was hit when it reached 42....

Here is their explanation:

"The price is only indicative and is only a general guidance"....

BUT THEY SET THE PRICES... I.e. If they set the prices, they come up on my 20 megabyte broadband connection speed monitor.. and I phoned my friend who is trading and 44 does not come up on his charts either for the UK100 this morning at 9.37am

By CMCs logic... it would be ok for me to buy an apple at 29p and be charged 31p for it. Telling me that the prices that are shown to me are just rough guidance and the word indicative means something that is showing. Hence Indication!

What is this???

Yes I agree, why not? It would be very easy money, ha ha! No really Carlos, I think you are way out. You have not been long in this game, so it is understandable. But to keep posting this kind of differences in quotes without any kind of proof is not doing you any good. This is not directed at you Trader333.

cmc1.jpg

Carlos, this doesn't prove anything. Your friend, if he had a position might probably been stoped out on the same level. Where is the external feed, did it reach that level, not in actual figures but in movement? You are suggesting they are monitoring your position manually and on purpose stoped you out deliberately before it reach your stop loss level, with only 2 points difference?

In my view you are making life very difficult for yourself trading if you are not willing to pay for the tools to do the job. This means that it is essential to have a datafeed that gives true market prices if you use SB to trade. On several occasions associates of mine have managed to get funds reinstated from CMC and other SB companies when they have been stopped out and have called saying that they have an independent data feed and can prove the price did not go any where near their stop. It has sometimes required them to send a screenshot but when they did the funds were reimbursed. If you don't have this then you have no way to prove your case.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you recommend any datafeeds for this purpose?

Thanks
Arf

This is not directed at you Trader333.

I know and I was not being serious because this loophole was closed years ago.

One thing that people who use SB should know and that is the charts provided often do not reflect the Buy / Sell quote and that can cause some confusion.

Paul

I know and I was not being serious because this loophole was closed years ago.

One thing that people who use SB should know and that is the charts provided often do not reflect the Buy / Sell quote and that can cause some confusion.

Paul

Thanks Paul...

Its been right every other time though.... :|answer = trade better...