Strange goings on with marketmaker!

Carlosyabrudy

hey guys.

Last week (June 2nd).... I was trading around 2pm..... and I was stopped out by a spike while going short on the Dow Jones Industrial.....

I then had a power cut after my trade ended..... 5 mins after approx,.

Upon restartin the client.. the data was different on my chars than what I saw while being in a live trade. I remember the prices because I was following them but the same prices were not there when checking back again. :(

Anyone experienced anything similar with CMC?

hey guys.

Last week (June 2nd).... I was trading around 2pm..... and I was stopped out by a spike while going short on the Dow Jones Industrial.....

I then had a power cut after my trade ended..... 5 mins after approx,.

Upon restartin the client.. the data was different on my chars than what I saw while being in a live trade. I remember the prices because I was following them but the same prices were not there when checking back again. :(

Anyone experienced anything similar with CMC?

Hi Carl

In what way and to what extent were the prices different ?

dd

Best way I can put it... is that upon looking again...

The downward curve..... was steeper when i checked again....

this happened on my trade (slope of curve below) and the level my stop had been hit at (it didnt actually hit it.. i got taken out 2 points away from the stop i placed..... the chart differed when logging in again...

and to top off the strange-ness.... the 15 min chart was gapped..... How, if the prices on 10 min are all there???

Oh and get this..... as I transfered my first £4000 into my account... I distinctly heard the woman on the other side of the phone hold back from laughing as she said..."Ok..."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and get this..... as I transfered my first £4000 into my account... I distinctly heard the woman on the other side of the phone hold back from laughing as she said..."Ok..."

Oh dear!

Best way I can put it... is that upon looking again...

The downward curve..... was steeper when i checked again....

this happened on my trade (slope of curve below) and the level my stop had been hit at (it didnt actually hit it.. i got taken out 2 points away from the stop i placed..... the chart differed when logging in again...

and to top off the strange-ness.... the 15 min chart was gapped..... How, if the prices on 10 min are all there???

I guess their charts are not an accurate record of their quotes.

dd

Can someone please explain exactly what hedging bets means? Im not completely ignorant but I cant find

Scalping (taking small bits of profit... hit and run trading?)
Someone asked at CMC (Do you hedge you bets). I still dont get this. I'd appreciate anyone explaining these two things a great deal.

And thank you guys for the replies :)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went into a trade at £5 a point with market maker on the UK100

and instead of being £5 in loss

it displayed this (90) and it didnt update..... as soon as i got out of the trade... it showed a loss of (15)

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im leaving and pulling the rest of my capital out of there as soon as I find a better broker. CMC have probably read this and will try and liquidate me ASAP

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went into a trade at £5 a point with market maker on the UK100

and instead of being £5 in loss

it displayed this (90) and it didnt update..... as soon as i got out of the trade... it showed a loss of (15)

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im leaving and pulling the rest of my capital out of there as soon as I find a better broker. CMC have probably read this and will try and liquidate me ASAP
Really, I think you have read too many stories about Market Makers on this forum.

Really, I think you have read too many stories about Market Makers on this forum.

ive hardly read any stories. I just got on here yesterday. And i fixed the problem. It was the host process. But the first couple things still stand....

ive hardly read any stories. I just got on here yesterday. And i fixed the problem. It was the host process. But the first couple things still stand....
Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. But every SB trader that comes along complaining heavily about MM, will eventually find out that the fault usually lies at their own end. The competition among the SB is fierce today, they just can not afford to play a "cheating" game, not saying they will not play certain kind of "small" tricks.

Last edited:
I keep checking prices with Yahoo since Yahoo do 15 min delayed for free on their finance section.

What's with the US and UK markets? Why arent people buying????

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!

you been trading long carlos?

Hey Arabianights

I have not been trading for long. I started off a month ago and started learning three months ago by learning about the economy and then moving into technical analysis and charting books followed by trading books. Still have 19 more books to go.

BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!!!

You may be interested to know that I did buy twice today. My first buy was at 9.36 EST but then I sold it 2 minutes and 8 seconds later. My second buy was at 10.13 EST and I am afraid that I sold that even more quickly after just 1 minute and 4 seconds.

I just don't seem to want to buy anything and to keep it for long. I do sometimes sell something and then buy it back almost as quickly. Maybe I just have difficulty making up my mind :)

Paul

Cmc

Today FTSE hit 44 mark.... Market maker is mostly under the 40 range..... (5740)!

Mirroring?

CMC/Market maker is a dodgy company to say the least. There are just too many unusual occurances that have happened to me over the years, to list here. It's not just me, all the posts about CMC seem to be about dodgy practices, and the reviews are always 1/10 for CMC

I'm looking at other platforms to move over to. The problem is I've lost a lot of money with CMC, and I just feel I want to get it back before I leave them. However, I feel this is unlikely as the odds seem to be in favour of the house.

They say they are market makers so do not have to 100% reflect the underlying price. But imagine if you went into a bookies, placed a bet for a team to win 1-0, the bet wins, and then when you go to claim the bookies say 'well our results don't 100% reflect the actual result so we are only paying out if you have 1.5-0'.

They say they are market makers so do not have to 100% reflect the underlying price. But imagine if you went into a bookies, placed a bet for a team to win 1-0, the bet wins, and then when you go to claim the bookies say 'well our results don't 100% reflect the actual result so we are only paying out if you have 1.5-0'.

This can be said about all SB companies, if you want 100% market prices then DMA is your only option.