Stolen strategy!

Dunno if they still offer it but Kyte had this thing called ibet where you trade DMA as usual but then they 'repackage' your trades as a spread bet i.e. tax free. Not sure if they still do it.

Dunno if they still offer it but Kyte had this thing called ibet where you trade DMA as usual but then they 'repackage' your trades as a spread bet i.e. tax free. Not sure if they still do it.

Thanks rawrschach I'll check that out. Out of interest are you trading at a prop shop out in Barbados?!

if your 'strategy' is just some edge you're able to exploit manually and someone can figure out what you're doing just by eyeballing your trades then, assuming it works well, it is potentially going to be copied/exploited anywhere... if someone is consistently making money then people are naturally going to be interested/curious - whether that is the risk people at your prop firm or if you were trading independently, some IT guy at a brokerage... some vendors could potentially look at your trades even

maybe someone has let other people know, maybe the markets have changed/evolved and whatever you observed isn't as inefficient, maybe other people have spotted this inefficiency independently - if you've found something obvious to exploit then others will likely find it too anyway regardless

Hi all,

Not 100% I'm posting in right section here but I'll get straight to the point:

Without going into too many details I've got a strong suspicion that the prop firm whom I trade with have figured out my strategy and distributed it to some other traders (who they back).

1. Anyone else experienced anything similar to this?!
2. Is there ANYTHING I can do about this (fairly sure I know the answer but ANY advice on action I could possibly take would be great - I worked damn hard on that strategy for it to just be nabbed!)
3. Any ideas on how I can protect myself from this in the future?

Kind Regards,

Harry.

What does your contract say about it?

Lot's of contracts in lots of industries have disclosure/intellectual property clauses and they are usually slanted heavily in favor of the employer.

As for alternatives - where are you located and which market are you trading?

Lot's of contracts in lots of industries have disclosure/intellectual property clauses and they are usually slanted heavily in favor of the employer.

I can't remember anything in the contract re intellectual property but I certainly have a browse through it again, thanks for the thought DT.

Located in uk currently, trading quite a few markets inc. fixed income, STIR's, metals, Ag's, soft's, energies... Basically anything where my system will work and I can get cheap enough costs!

assuming nic references watchmen. A. Moore, one of (imo) 20th centuries greatest authors

Hi all,

Not 100% I'm posting in right section here but I'll get straight to the point:

Without going into too many details I've got a strong suspicion that the prop firm whom I trade with have figured out my strategy and distributed it to some other traders (who they back).

1. Anyone else experienced anything similar to this?!
2. Is there ANYTHING I can do about this (fairly sure I know the answer but ANY advice on action I could possibly take would be great - I worked damn hard on that strategy for it to just be nabbed!)
3. Any ideas on how I can protect myself from this in the future?

Kind Regards,

Harry.

ive had loads of stuff "stolen" from me over years .......:cool:

don't worry about it ..............truth ? ........theres no such thing as an original strategy anyway .:p.......was your strategy all yours or ideas borrowed from other traders ? :sneaky:

N

contract isn't relevant as there is no intellectual property to protect here