Stocks & Commodities Magazine (TASC)

magnet

Is it possible to buy copies of Stocks and Commodities Magazine anywhere in the UK ?
I am interested in reading an article that appears in the February issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
regards Magnet

What's the price like over here, out of interest?
I went for the 5 yr sub eventually, and it all works out pretty cheap, but I only got the Jan issue yesterday so delivery time suffers somewhat. Mind you, it doesn't usually matter - after all, it's not time sensitive stuff in the mag.
If it's just the odd article wouldn't it be easiest to grab it via the traders.com article sales area? (I suspect that might be a little behind though....)
Dave

It's about £5 in Borders. Same as Active Trader which I think is a tad better.

I signed up for a free trial issue on the S&C web site. 4 months later, I actually received it, followed by 6 more the following months! They then sent me a bill for the 6 other copies I hadn't ordered! Cheeky yanks. I didn't even bother replying, and haven't received any more copies/firelighters since.

I'd be surprised if any of the content authors had ever put on a trade in their lives. Just a load of 'look at our new candle pattern and the amazing backtested results it achieves with an xx MA!' wow.

BBB,
unlucky! I've dealt with them a fair bit and found them pretty nice people, like most things I guess - sometimes errr.... poo occurs. <g>
Fair point about content, but then that's pretty standard anyway I think - I think it's a good read for getting ideas, quite often the idea bears only a passing resemblance to the article that provided it. You'd go seriously daft trying to trade all the stuff in there, wouldn't you?
(Seriously broke as well, I would think). Some good bits, I still prefer it to others I've seen - I like the stuff like the John Ehlers (MESA) interview most. 20 ways to read Williams %R backwards I can live without...

Dave

Dave - Fair comments, and I'd agree they are very nice to give away 6 free copies. I guess it's a common publisher trick, 'cos they know some sucker will pay up.

Thanks to everyone for their replies to my enquiry.
I have tracked down a copy of TASC magazine in Borders Bookshop in Birmingham !
regards Magnet.