Stock Analysis

Verified Investing

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) reported rockstar earnings this morning, beating on the top and bottom line. One of the most impressive areas for JPMorgan was their trading segment. The Brexit market collapse helped JPMorgan outperform and make quite a lot of money. The stock is higher at $64.42 +1.26 (+1.99%). While JPMorgan is having a solid day, Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) is ripping higher with an even bigger percentage gain, tradnig at $162.58 +4.66 (+2.95%). Why? The simple answer is the comments made by JPMorgan as they made huge money trading the Brexit market collapse and rebound. Goldman Sachs is known as a far more trader friendly financial institution and thus is expected to have done even better.

Would I buy Goldman Sachs at these levels? Heck no! The stock has risen vertically for two straight weeks and is near the daily 200 moving average. If anything, it is probably an amazing short here.

GS07.14.2016.JPG

- - -
Markus Teller
Stock Genius

CSX Is Pulling Back Into The Station

CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) had an impressive move up last week, over 10% including a bit of a pullback on Friday which I believe was just the start of a larger move to the downside. Had I caught the pierce last Thursday of the two trend lines drawn in below, around $29.30, I'd already be in this trade on the short side. But, there may still be an opportunity to get into the trade IF price can retrace back to the trend lines tomorrow; anywhere between $29 and $29.30 is where I would suggest. I think this would be an excellent short for a quick 1-2 week trade with a target area where the 3 Moving Averages (20MA, 50MA, and 200MA) sit around $26.25.

CSX%2020160718.JPG

By Pro Trader
Caralee Carlson

NFLX Crushed On Earnings: Buy It Here

Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) fell sharply after-hours on earnings results. While they beat earnings expectations, domestic subscriber growth stalled dramatically. The stock dropped to $85.90 -12.91 (-13.07%) after-hours. Tomorrow investors are going to be asking where they should buy it? The chart clearly shows the answer below and it is not for a while. The technical level where the stock should officially bottom is $69.00. At this level the risk/reward finally becomes strongly in favor of upside again. Until then, it is a high risk stock with further potential downside.

NFLX07.18.16.png

By Pro-Trader
Gareth Soloway

Small Cap FORM Holdings ($FH) Nearing Breakout Level

FORM Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:FH) has been on my radar for some time because of their unique wireless phone charger that will work with the iPhone. Considering Apple Inc (AAPL) says it has no plans to offer a wireless charger in the near future, the potential here is sky high. The stock has been chopping around $1.50 and $2.00 for some time but looks to be consolidating for a major breakout. Notice the chart below and the trend line + 200 daily moving average. Any price breach of that level (around $2.35) and FORM Holdings it breaks out. The potential upside is big with a target ranging from $2.85 - $3.25. Remember, it needs to break $2.35 on the daily to trigger the upside potential.

FH07.19.2016.JPG

By Pro-Trader
Bman Alerts

Trade Lesson: How Trend Lines Can Give You Major Pivot Highs & Lows

Simple chart tactics can be the difference between making money and losing money. This was seen today when the exact high on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSEARCA:SPY) could have been found by connecting the lows from this past Friday and Monday. Learning to do this is not only easy, but insanely profitable. Study the charts and find gems like this trend line shown below.

Join Verified Investing to get verified trade alerts and track records for this Pro Trader and 1000's of others. Opt into their trades and only reward them if you get winning trade alert information.

SPY07.20.16.JPG

By Pro-Trader
Gareth Soloway

Intel (INTC) Tags Key Resistance Level Ahead Of Earnings, Likely To Sell

Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) is rallying sharply. They report earnings after the market closes today. Analysts expect earnings per share of $0.53 on revenue of $13.54 billion.

Intel Corp. is likely going to sell off on earnings today. Why? The chart just tagged a HUGE resistance point on the chart after rallying for three straight weeks. This creates an extremely overbought chart setup plus mega resistance tagged. To give it some perspective, Intel rallied from $30.50 on June 27th to a high today of $35.93. This is a 17.8% surge. Historically, INTC rarely moves that much in a year, let alone three weeks. While there is always risk on earnings, my money is in the camp of a sell off.
INTC07.20.16.JPG

By Pro-Trader
Gareth Soloway

4 Factors That Tell Smart Investors A 25% Drop Is Coming In 3M $MMM

3M Co (NYSE:MMM) is collapsing today, dropping to $180.14 -1.28 (-0.71%). This is following an all-time high yesterday. While most investors marvel at the stock move and want to buy, it is probably one of the freakin' biggest shorts or sells out there in the universe. There are so many negative indicators on all time frame that I literally get excited (in more ways than one) when I look at it. Let's go over it.

1. There was a bull flag on the daily chart going into yesterday. This normally signals significant further upside. Yesterday, the stock surged early, then gave up 100% of the move to close flat. Technical traders understand this signals a failed breakout. Failed breakouts usually result in a significant sell signal. Coming off all-time highs, this could mean a multi-year high and 20% correction in the next six months.

MMM1.JPG

2. The weekly chart has a 3 bar surge. Three bar surges on any charge usually signal a pull back is on the horizon. However, a weekly three bar surge, coming at all-time highs can mean a multi-year high pivot is in place.

MMM2.JPG

3. The monthly chart on 3M has seven green candles higher. This means that for seven months, the stock traded up. For hardcore InTheMoneyStocks PPT Methodology investors, this is insanely significant as it shows a 95% chance of a drop in the stock when matched with all the other signals discussed.

MMM3.JPG

4. Lastly, on the monthly chart, connect the highs from 2003 to 2014-2015. If you extend the trend line it hits the highs on the chart perfectly. This is just one more epic sell signal for $MMM

MMM4.JPG

By Pro-Trader
Gareth Soloway