Spring Net Trappers Meetup in Birmingham Fridy 4th March

Are you going to meet up in Birmingham on Friday 4th March?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Barneybus, Don't know what sort of food Poppy Red does, going to google it in a minute but I don't mind anyway so count me in for that one. Not staying at the Holiday Inn, (central Bham is a very noisy place) so I always stay a little bit away, what you lose with taxi fares is cancelled out by room rates.
Have some business in Brum first so will be there late morning but that won't take long and I will be around to meet up with whoever is first to arrive. If whoever that is likely to be would like to pm me with a mobile number we can arrange accordingly on the day.
Do I have to wear a red rose? I don't know what forex traders look like, I've never met one!

Further to above, just had a look at Poppy Red website and it states that Fri and Sats the restaurant closes at 7.30pm. Might be a bit rushed for some!

Further to above, just had a look at Poppy Red website and it states that Fri and Sats the restaurant closes at 7.30pm. Might be a bit rushed for some!

I've not had confirmation from anyone else that they are coming abbeyclub.. for those that are we'll have enough time to meet in the hotel and then pop over the road to Poppy Red.
If anyone is planning on coming but thinks they cant get to brum by 630ish say then please let me know??

Rob

Sorry guys but family emergency has come up so am not going to be able to get to Brum on Friday. Hpefully can meet up with some of you at the next one.

Do I have to wear a red rose? I don't know what forex traders look like, I've never met one!

Or wear a Red Poppy ;)

I'll be in Brumland from 4:30. Will PM abbeyclub and BarneyBus my mobile and meet at the Holiday in Lounge Bar between 5 and 6 I think. Anyone else need to swap contact numbers?

Its like being secret agents - we could all carry a copy of the FT and wear bowler hats :LOL:

I'll be the person answering their phone in the bar when you ring it.

Or wear a Red Poppy ;)

I'll be in Brumland from 4:30. Will PM abbeyclub and BarneyBus my mobile and meet at the Holiday in Lounge Bar between 5 and 6 I think. Anyone else need to swap contact numbers?

Its like being secret agents - we could all carry a copy of the FT and wear bowler hats :LOL:

I'll be the person answering their phone in the bar when you ring it.

:LOL: I'll roll a trouser leg up

Any more coming to Brum for some food, drinks and general geek chat?

PM to swap numbers if you are, we're meeting at The Holiday Inn (central) about 5pm, then table booked for food at 7pm. I'm flying from Jersey if anyone has duty-free requests...

Quick post from the brum night out... suferking, quinny, abbeyclub and myself having a good night... we are about to check the cocktails menu... god help us in the morning.

My bet for the day is quinny will be feeling very hazy this morning. Cheers for a very entertaining night guys :)

it was a great to meet up, and poppy red was a good call rob. i think for the next one, i'll need to start drinking a little later in the evening, as i am still getting over it today:(

it was a great to meet up, and poppy red was a good call rob. i think for the next one, i'll need to start drinking a little later in the evening, as i am still getting over it today:(

LOL, sounds like you had a good one. :)

LOL, sounds like you had a good one. :)

Great night out all round, really good to put faces to names, shame more couldn't make it but Bournemouth sounds a good shout for a summer function when the suns shining and the hawaiian shirts come out!!