Spreadbetting FX using TA

AUD/USD trade hit target earlier, now yesterday in fact :)

Considering the length of time I was in the trade the rollover charges have been very minimal. Spreads seem to be reducing in the SB world as competition increases so that even the larger, more "respected" brokers are having to fall in line.

This trade produced an eventual gain of 8.31% from 5% initial risk. As the trade was entered in March, it counts as part of my trading for that month, so my eventual gains for the month came in at 19.73%.

Into April trading now - possible EUR/JPY long on the radar at the moment....

Into April trading now - possible EUR/JPY long on the radar at the moment....

Order placed to buy at 125.43 offered, if-done stop 124.56 bid, if-done limit 127.06 bid.

Order will be deleted if market drops through the recent 124.61 low.

Not much to report at the moment - rejected a USD/CAD setup yesterday on the grounds that R/R was under 1.5 : 1 - and that's about it for April so far.

Last edited:
Interesting action on USD/CHF in the last few hours.

Order placed to buy at 1.0720 offered, id-done stop 1.0662 bid, if-done limit 1.0818 bid.

Order stays in unless price breaks through the 1.0667 low.

Must admit my mind's not quite been on trading as much as it should have been this month, I guess one advantages of trading for a living is the ability to not have to work if you don't want to or have other things to think about! :!::?::)

Pretty much back to full focus now however so hopefully some good trades to come this month.

Order placed to buy EUR/JPY at 126.62 offered, if-done stop 125.65 bid, if-done limit 128.51 bid. Market has already traded through my entry level and back, getting up to speed a little late today.

Back from a swift bike ride in the sunshine to find EUR/JPY order filled.

The screenshot shows the basics of the setup - as always, these are not necessarily the technical indicators I use and some of my analysis is not shown, but hopefully you can see the idea.

Daily chart shows 20ema crossed above 60sma and sloping up. 60sma is sloping down but extra confirmation obtained by a longer-term CCI trading above zero for an extended period.

20ema crossed above 60sma on 4hr chart with both sloping up.

Hidden divergence present in oscillators on the 1hr chart.

4hr chart shows an interesting area of potential resistance-turned-support (filling of the gap noted also) in combination with MA support and a key fib level.

Attachments

• eurjpy1.gif
    eurjpy1.gif
    59.8 KB · Views: 200
AUD/JPY looks a tempting long from around current levels - but as I'm already short JPY in my current trade I'll pass on it for now.

AUD/JPY looks a tempting long from around current levels - but as I'm already short JPY in my current trade I'll pass on it for now.

... Because if you're wrong, there's no point losing twice :LOL:

Stopped out of EUR/JPY for a 5.14% loss. Interestingly I'm yet to start a single month this year with a winning trade - 2 breakevens and 2 losses so far :confused:

I'm taking today off to have a wander down to the coast, back fresh next week to get back on track to hitting target for the month, which is still only two winning trades away.

can i ask why you were looking at a eur/jpy short?
what level were you going to short it - 25 the figure?
now trading at 2542

Potential short setup on EUR/JPY has now been invalidated so I'm no longer looking at that market.

sell @ 25
buy @ 13
up 12 pips
cant be bothered to stay in the trade any longer

Order placed to buy AUD/USD at 0.9303, if-done stop 0.9254, if-done limit 0.9385.

Order placed to buy AUD/USD at 0.9303, if-done stop 0.9254, if-done limit 0.9385.

Setup invalidated as market makes a new hourly low - order deleted. At this stage I'll be glad to see the back of this month :rolleyes:

Sigh... this irritating month continues :( Was unavoidably dragged away from the markets this morning and missed the boat on a possible EUR/JPY entry... I've placed my orders anyway in case the market rallies and gives a second entry opportunity.

Order placed to sell at 124.61 bid, if-done stop 125.27 offered, if-done limit 123.42 offered.