Spreadbetting Forex

DESKPRO

Read in one of the other threads that the EURO/DOLLAR spread tends to have a daily range of 100-150 but only a 4 point spread (eg cap spreads) . never traded this is this true as I tend to stick with the DOW. Is there anything like Bigcharts that is available for currency prices ie free and live with indicators. Also am i right in assuming that if currect price is 1.2374-1.2378 then a pip is .0001?

avg daily ranges in excess of 200 + pips past 2 wks Deskpro (cable also)....can be on the spikey side now & again, but if you're careful & go in prepared.....it's a very good instrument to trade.....suits all trading styles (day/position), tend to react well beginning of the European session (6.00 - 8.00am) & around the start of the Yankee timeframe.......nice & rangey, highly recommended to take a serious peek!!

Last edited:
1.2480/1.2510 (approx) was the range 6 trading day ago. Very tight, very hard to trade. You do get tight range bound days. Of late though there has been some very good moves, but I wouldn't say this is the norm. (I wouldn't say anything is the norm in trading.) Although the trends, once in place do tend to last longer.

Have a look at the thread links on the bottom of the page. Pick a chart. Put up a daily chart and make your own mind up.

I will say the main fx's don't suffer from the 1 step forward 2 step back routine of the dow.

thanks peto got a demo account with dailyfx looks very good and had online support chat.. very impressed. Also apparently only need $300 to have an account (mini account for beginners).What are the advantages of using this cf to a UK spread betting firm to trade say the EUR/DOLLAR?

FXCM DEmo Chart. Is anyone else having problems with the mini demo chart Marketscope for the Eur/USD. Although the dealing rates are always upto date the graphs have tended to freeze ov er the last few days. My advice from the chat support line is to close and then open. Sometime this works but not consistently. When looking at other web sites who use FXCM as a data source there is no problem with the live graphs. Is the problem with FXCM Marketscope on their demo site???? or me.

Real time Marketscope has been fine. Demo should be the same.

Check you have everything up to date computer wise.